Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 4/7/2018 at 1:59 AM, Erik Smith said:

So, you AU (and apparently China, Philippines, and Thailand) guys already get this thing...but, c’mon Ford! Give US buyers the option...Ford Everest. It’s a real deal 4x4? Is it on a truck platform like the old school SUVs? The new Ranger based...? 

45224E66-CDF9-4986-AD20-E9839AF35B55.jpeg

Eric, is that a Chinese Buick in the background? Any photos?

2 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

It probably is. There are a lot of Buicks in Beijing - probably the most common GM line. I didn’t get a photo of any though...sorry Tom. 

I support a facility in Shanghai and talk with them several times a week.  When I met my main contact in person in the USA a couple of years ago, he was very proud to tell me that he had a Buick Century.  The next trip over, I let him drive my Buick LaCrosse and he was very excited.

I am scheduled to go to there by year's end, as long as the plans don't change.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I support a facility in Shanghai and talk with them several times a week.  When I met my main contact in person in the USA a couple of years ago, he was very proud to tell me that he had a Buick Century.  The next trip over, I let him drive my Buick LaCrosse and he was very excited.

I am scheduled to go to there by year's end, as long as the plans don't change.

Cool, Tom. I’ve never been to Shanghai but imagine there are some serious sports cars ripping around those streets. 

Yeah, I think there remains some prestige in driving Buicks, but seems it’s fading a bit as so many more autos are available in their market, including lower-end Buicks and mini vans.

One last photo, for the truck guys:

537FE3EF-E37F-4B2D-A8B3-AB4CD3D734B8.jpeg

So I got the opportunity to play with this today. The dealer I buy most of my Ram/Jeep product from received their first Demon. And because I know the owner quite well, he let me drive.

This thing should be banned. No street legal car should be this fast. And I totally want one. And I even like the colour. F8 Green looks stunning in person.

Definitely not a good track car. It's liek an old muscle car; amazing in a straight line, but not designed for corners. ultimately, I think the new widebody Hellcat is the more useable car. At about $40k CDN less. And you can get a mnaula transmission.

Still, I love that the Demon exists, and I thank  my lucky stars that I got to drive one.

demon.thumb.jpg.c2c018426fe5c6e468f3cbb68423251e.jpg

On 4/18/2018 at 12:25 AM, The Junkman said:

I like the side view but the front end looks......busy.

To be honest, the front bumper on the turbo 4 1LE cars look better, the bumper cover flows across the front where that black bar is and better separates the top and bottom grills, kinda like the SRT and Scat Pack Chargers vs the SXT and R/T bumpers.

3 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

Saw a Maserati SUV. I didn't even know they had an SUV.

The Levante. We just leased one out. I think they're kind of ugly. But the interior is something to experience, and it drives beautifully. The V8 is basically a Ferrari engine, so it has some pedigree and performance to go with it. :)