Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 22.4.2018 at 2:46 AM, 426 pack said:

Today I seen 3 different 79 ford trucks and a 1966 dodge D100 

Today I spotted a 65 D100, just outside my house.
Oh...Now I remember, it's mine:lol:

Still strikes me as cool that it is finally mine.

Not a lot of cool cars to see on the roads here sofar as the weather is really bad, it is this heavy form of drizzle that is so common here that makes everything soaking wet in no time and yet one has to use the slowest intervall on the wipers when driving. It is also quite cold, only a few degrees above freezing and the are forecasting night frost and maybe snow over the weekend. Yeah, it is really a lot of fun to live so close to the melting polar ice when one dislikes winter as much as me:unsure:

2 hours ago, Plashdaddy said:

I saw this at the beach today. I was looking at the rocks with my son, laughed and said “that one looks like an engine block” got closer and yep, heavily encrusted four banger and gearbox lol.

7EE6F70B-5EA3-4766-83AA-AE3597C87D37.jpeg

Now, that is unusual!

Waiting at a four way stop yesterday, I saw a very nice stock 55 Nomad. As I was marveling at that, a fairly solid 67 Impala wagon that I have seen before made a right turn. As I drove on, I noticed that the rollback next to me was carrying a  63-ish GMC pickup.

I believe the Impala is a daily driver. I see it at least once a month in my area. It's a 327 and it sounds like a 'glide. 14 inch wheels, so it has drum brakes.

The New Jersey Turnpike came to a standstill yesterday on my way home.  All six lanes stopped dead!  Then I saw a flat bed tow truck coming the other direction. Small black SUV that had been rolled so bad as to destroy every panel. No glass at all and side air bags blowing in the breeze.  A few minutes later another flat bed comes up the same way, with a totally burnt 2 seater.  All that was left was a charred mess (I'm thinking Corvette since there were no visible body panels) and a roll bar standing up.  That must've been some accident.  By the time I inched up to the scene, they were sweeping the roadway.  I just found the below photo. Article says nobody was killed.

image.png.b06ec5eb790d5e493ff9d5d229070553.png

Interesting... I just found a second news story.   What was originally confusing is that there were signs in both the car and truck lanes saying "Left two lanes closed ahead".   Now I see why.  The SUV landed in the left lane in the truck lanes while the sports car was in the left lane in the car lanes.

image.png.1aa55b6974ef5569ad722fe9f4eb8a08.png

Edited by Tom Geiger