Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

No pictures but I had to share...

I was coming home on the New Jersey Turnpike on Thursday afternoon.  Speed limit is 65 but unless you are going 80, you are in the way.  Every so often you hit a snag of traffic where a few slow moving cars decide to clog the road side by side.  This was one of those times.  Three lanes wide and three slow vehicles averaging between 50-60 in the lanes.  And of course they kept slowing down and speeding up. The one in the fast lane was also wandering in the lane.  I got in the middle lane and that car moved enough forward that I was alongside the car in the fast lane.  I glance over and see that the driver is a young woman.  Then I saw a small head and realized she had an infant on her lap!  At that moment I saw a flash of white tossed to the passenger side of the car and realized.... yes!  She was changing a diaper!   

Edited by Tom Geiger

On 2018-04-27 at 4:18 PM, 426 pack said:

Today I seen 5 of these.C2E64998-8389-4CD9-8C8F-D316DA209452.png.012bd53862d9c2f12e7210967446af2c.png

I seen another one of theis things today ^, a 6x6 military cabover on a trailer, Rat rod truck with an LS engine and a little mg roadster.

Edited by 426 pack

Last Friday while coming back home after visiting a local Speed Shop, I saw a Duster:

20180504_161109.jpg?img=medium

And on Saturday was one of the first really warm days around here. So I went for a little Cruising with my Pickup Truck and saw these... It looked like there was a lot of cars in traffic!

DSCN6643.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6644.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6646.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6647.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6649.JPG?img=medium

P5060622.JPG?img=medium

P5060623.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6650.JPG?img=medium

DSCN6651.JPG?img=medium

P5060624.JPG?img=medium

On the same day I also saw some others where I wasn't able to take a picture, or I was, but I missed...:D They were at least a red '63 Oldsmobile, Triumph Herald, '68 or '69 Roadrunner/GTX/Satellite or something like that, light blue '65 Valiant Convertible, Opel Rekord C Coupe and 1st gen Opel Manta. Plus a Lotus Seven.

...And today I saw this '65 Rambler American which is used as a daily driver all year round. Of course the winters around here are pretty rough for these classics, so it's not in a perfect condition anymore. But, it's still a million times cooler than any of the new plastic cars.B)

20180508_172856.jpg?img=medium

20180508_173010.jpg?img=medium

Sorry for the horrible cell phone pics...:rolleyes:

Today I seen

• 1970 challenger it sounded like a HEMI

• 1955 Chevy 

• 1957 Chevy

• 1967 Pontiac gto 

•1974ish Pontiac firebird 

• ford ranchero

• 1980s 4x4 dodge truck

and maybe a few more that I can’t remember. 

I'll attempt to post a photo here. A Dodge panel truck (modified?) I'm guessing it's from the late 1950s. 

Well that didn't work. I'll have to try to figure out how to post a photo from an e mail.

Edited by Roger U

My father found this in a barn over the weekend with 2 trailer loads of Model A & T parts. It's all been in there for well over 50 years. It's a Model T Ford that they used on the farm. We put some gas in it & a battery but the starter was dead. I told my father I'll crank it by hand, after a spin we heard the coils buzz & about 4 cranks later she came alive. It sat there & idled like a new car, it was still strapped to the trailer so we didn't check to see if it would move on it's own. Maybe next weekend we'll go for a spin. 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

2 hours ago, mchook said:

My father found this in a barn over the weekend with 2 trailer loads of Model A & T parts. It's all been in there for well over 50 years. It's a Model T Ford that they used on the farm. We put some gas in it & a battery but the starter was dead. I told my father I'll crank it by hand, after a spin we heard the coils buzz & about 4 cranks later she came alive. It sat there & idled like a new car, it was still strapped to the trailer so we didn't check to see if it would move on it's own. Maybe next weekend we'll go for a spin. 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Very cool!

Riding my bike today, it felt like my seat was coming loose. I happened to be right in front of a garage with the door open. I went in to borrow an allen wrench and there was a Lotus Esprit sitting there, solid but dusty. I want to go back tomorrow to give the guy a coffee shop gift card and take a picture.

17 hours ago, landman said:

Riding my bike today, it felt like my seat was coming loose. I happened to be right in front of a garage with the door open. I went in to borrow an allen wrench and there was a Lotus Esprit sitting there, solid but dusty. I want to go back tomorrow to give the guy a coffee shop gift card and take a picture.

There..

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg