Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

7 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Took this a couple of weeks ago. That is a new Nissan Rogue with a dealer plate hanging off the back. The other car is a 2018 Volkswagen Golf, also with a dealer plate on the back. The VW dealer is across the street. That building on the left is the Nissan dealer.

I'm guessing this is not the preferred way to demo drive new vehicles!

20180726_113524.jpg

Back in a previous life I took a traffic collision report wherein a tourist from Germany and a tourist from Singapore hit each other head-on on US 101 in Northern Calif.  Both cars were late model Dodge Intrepids and both were rented from Hertz.  Nobody got hurt worth mentioning except Hertz.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, iamsuperdan said:

Took this a couple of weeks ago. That is a new Nissan Rogue with a dealer plate hanging off the back. The other car is a 2018 Volkswagen Golf, also with a dealer plate on the back. The VW dealer is across the street. That building on the left is the Nissan dealer.

I'm guessing this is not the preferred way to demo drive new vehicles!

20180726_113524.jpg

I wonder how long the salesmen who were involved in the demos have worked for their dealerships, not counting today.

…..just the average Michigan citizen out for a drive.  Shouldn't be on your phone while your trying to drive.....cant swerve our potholes,   or maybe the reason they decided not to fix our roads is to get all these idiots OFF the roads!!…...thank, God we have an off-road jeep!!

article-0-21D7BC0600000578-171_634x443.jpg

On 8/18/2018 at 1:49 PM, espo said:

I remember seeing a few of these in commercial use years ago. One was an auto parts delivery.

I don't think I've ever seen the panel truck version in person, and this one looked to have been fully restored. :)

Some pics from my vacation,  traveling around the Jersey Shore area.

airstream.jpg.5c03a84213495e2907acbe1f29a2e9c5.jpg

Wildwood...  These are actually authentic Airstream  motel rooms.  I thought it was cool when I saw them.  Back at work the next week a guy I knew said he stayed in one.  He said it was very cool but the air conditioning pumped hard to keep those little ovens cool!

5b8c991ef2d9a_fruittruck.jpg.0ab6dc2241cb60c17b8fed5eb694d92f.jpg

Here's one of the famous fruit trucks of Wildwood.  There were a couple of them that circulated past our hotel a few times a day.  Years ago there were older ones that were a bit more colorful.

mustang.jpg.d0832e291dac1372e984c1eb6b6ae9cc.jpg

Saw while driving around.  Very nice Mach 1!  And it was for sale a few dollars shy of $20K.  I believe this was in Sea Isle City, NJ

olds.jpg.7061d1fd3087cb144b6c874859d14d99.jpg

Same with this very nice Cutlass convertible. Between the two I'd pick this one!

micro1.jpg.a7bf54839cdbb94b893cf3cdd3448623.jpg

This little buggy is a City 2 eZone electric vehicle made by CT&T of Korea.  It's top speed is only 25 mph  and you can see by it's rear plate that it's registered as a "Low Speed Vehicle"  for local travel.  I found it sitting on the main drag adjacent to the beach in Cape May, NJ

micro2.jpg.2803a47fe446580065700faf0d2c3274.jpgbronco.jpg.fd7b3bb553502f85af66053f2ff56a54.jpg

And a very cool Bronco spotted in a Pennyslvania Turnpike rest stop on our way home..

38 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Some pics from my vacation,  traveling around the Jersey Shore area.

airstream.jpg.5c03a84213495e2907acbe1f29a2e9c5.jpg

Wildwood...  These are actually authentic Airstream  motel rooms.  I thought it was cool when I saw them.  Back at work the next week a guy I knew said he stayed in one.  He said it was very cool but the air conditioning pumped hard to keep those little ovens cool!

5b8c991ef2d9a_fruittruck.jpg.0ab6dc2241cb60c17b8fed5eb694d92f.jpg

Here's one of the famous fruit trucks of Wildwood.  There were a couple of them that circulated past our hotel a few times a day.  Years ago there were older ones that were a bit more colorful.

mustang.jpg.d0832e291dac1372e984c1eb6b6ae9cc.jpg

Saw while driving around.  Very nice Mach 1!  And it was for sale a few dollars shy of $20K.  I believe this was in Sea Isle City, NJ

olds.jpg.7061d1fd3087cb144b6c874859d14d99.jpg

Same with this very nice Cutlass convertible. Between the two I'd pick this one!

micro1.jpg.a7bf54839cdbb94b893cf3cdd3448623.jpg

This little buggy is a City 2 eZone electric vehicle made by CT&T of Korea.  It's top speed is only 25 mph  and you can see by it's rear plate that it's registered as a "Low Speed Vehicle"  for local travel.  I found it sitting on the main drag adjacent to the beach in Cape May, NJ

micro2.jpg.2803a47fe446580065700faf0d2c3274.jpgbronco.jpg.fd7b3bb553502f85af66053f2ff56a54.jpg

And a very cool Bronco spotted in a Pennyslvania Turnpike rest stop on our way home..

The top one reminds me of this classic show.

No pix to share as I do n o t know how to post,but....we are in Myrtle Beach on vacation an this is Mustang week again so they are everywhere in droves with little stoplight challenges at almost every corner and lots of engine revving going on. I have since talked to some Mustang owners that were there and they told me that over 900 cars were registered for this years show.

I also spotted an Australian built Holden(Chevy) Super Sport and was able to talk to the driver for a moment.

On the way down here from Ohio I saw a restored mid '20's model T Ford roadster pickup in the front yard of a farm house and a '50's "bread sled" style delivery van in a barn yard in North Carolina. Another cool road side spot was a small block Chevy V8 motor on a post at the roadside with a mailbox air cleaner.

We stopped at a huge road side fruit farm today that has a small museum with several unique vehicles on display including a 1913 International flatbed truck and a '52 Crosley convertible. For a gearhead like me pretty interesting couple of days.

Edited by misterNNL
additional information added

This is owned by a 78 year old guy I used to work with.  He just got it out of the shop.  You can almost see it but the bed is equipped with a custom made wooden truck box and the bed is wood lined.  Hard to tell but its actually a deep metallic purple with blue and pink pinstripes.  You might note a familiar car in the background. (look at the bottom of the page)

1VvyQ3E.jpg

vzDB7qE.jpg

Edited by The Junkman

While in Myrtle Beach last week on vacation I spotted a full size Transformer VW at one of the restaurants along highway 17 south. This one about 20 feet tall and surely gets your attention as you drive by. I did stop and take a number of detail pictures for reference later. FYI we had to leave town one day earlier than planned due to hurricane Florence. The governor ordered a mandatory evacuation Monday so we did just that.