Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Technically "not on the road" but close.  Living near the GM proving grounds in Milford, MI, I always see GM products both in camouflage and not but this is probably the first time I have seen so many in one group.  They usually travel in groups of three and are not supposed to gather together like this.  One exception seemed to be the 2020 Corvettes travelling in a group of 4.  That might have been because they only 4 road ready prototypes.  Have been seeing a lot of Cadillacs in the past month or so,  way more than the pickups.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Khils said:

I was told the side marker lights ( fire chicken )...are unique to the '67 year only

but I' m going by what was said.

That's an emblem, not a light on the front fender.  68 was the first year for side marker lights or reflectors.

Edited by sfhess

5 hours ago, modelercarl said:

Technically "not on the road" but close.  Living near the GM proving grounds in Milford, MI, I always see GM products both in camouflage and not but this is probably the first time I have seen so many in one group.  They usually travel in groups of three and are not supposed to gather together like this.  One exception seemed to be the 2020 Corvettes travelling in a group of 4.  That might have been because they only 4 road ready prototypes.  Have been seeing a lot of Cadillacs in the past month or so,  way more than the pickups.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

And we see them here during the winter.

Back when I used to pass through Montvale, NJ on my daily commute I’d see all kinds of interesting things on the local roads. Montvale was home to Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and Mini and occasionally you’d see camo cars, but also Euro cars like the complete Smart range, and competitors cars like Peugeots and Renault’s not sold in the USA.  Of course all before cell phone cameras!

Different "Road", but still impressiveB)

IMG_20190726_225702_998.thumb.jpg.13908c91be558683182901b3bf5678a9.jpg

What appears to be a small white van near the front is one of ABC7 Chicago's Nissan Titan based high roof NV cargo vans and is probably a good 8-10ft tall without the transmitter equipment on the roof yet looks like a minivan next to UP4014:o

Maybe the next time I buy a car I'll cover it in vinyl wrap with the "don't photograph me" camouflage.  Just because I like the pattern.  :-)

....segue....

Now, people love to make fun of the old Aztek, but how does its cousin the Buick Rendezvous fit in with fans?  I see those just about everywhere.  A co-worker of mine has one.

....segue....

I saw a recent Ferrari roadster and a late '30s Plymouth convertible last week.  I don't know the model of Ferrari, but I think it was red...

Saw a sharp copper colored '67 Dodge Dart GTS ht, a bright green 6th gen Camaro ZL1 and an orange Corvette C7 Z06 all on Rt 30 outside Greensburg, PA on Saturday.   Then back here locally yesterday saw a clean late 80s Rolls Royce sedan in black w/ a red interior and a blue & white Corvair Greenbrier pickup.