Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw an eclectic mix of vehicles on Hwy 23 in Michigan south of Ann Arbor--going northbound in about 5 min I saw a white Lexus LF-A, a yellow Lexus LC, and a new Supra in bright red.   On the Ohio Turnpike saw a car hauler with 4 new green Buillitt Mustangs and other new Mustang GTs incl. a red convertible.  Saw a dark green w/ white bumpers and grille '57 Ford F100 style side in good shape on another car hauler. 

29 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

You sure that isn't a Fiero in drag?

It does look like a 25th anniversary Countach (white one below)..they had the big bumper in the US.   The yellow one has the door window moldings painted yellow, and the front air dam black, which differ from the photos I've seen..

1990-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Edition-6.jpg

That "suspicious" looking Countach sure looks like a kit car.  That wacky front bumper looks like it was designed to prevent under-riding in a collision (but was executed with a heavy hand!).

https://otobekas.com/detail/1986-Lamborghini-Countach-1986-Lamborghini_283585898727.html

I considered the latter Countaches as being cool when I was young, but today I just really love the clean styling of the original version.

Whoda thunk that an extremely heavy wheel/tire package with the wrong offset would be an issue on a 200k mile Tahoe? Guess the ball joint separated? He dragged that tire all the way to the road on the right after the overpass. He also did an awesome job of keeping it in his lane.

tahoe1.JPG

tahoe2.JPG

37 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Am I the only one who thinks the 1st iteration of the Countach was a revelation, then every change they made to it was a subtraction.  Compare and contrast to the one above.

[...]

Still can't hold a candle to the Miura though.

I still have the magazines, with the very first show car, which was even more pure than the production version, no shoebox air scoops and exhaust vents, knife edge front, door windows similar to what Subaru did with the SVX, futuristic instrument panel.  Each generation tacked on stuff, the US safety bumpers were the worst afterthought around, that yellow car above looks like one shop made the battering ram bumpers, the fuel filler is not factory.  Agree about the Miura.

http://www.countach.ch/History/LP500/

Edited by 89AKurt

On 9/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, Earl Marischal said:

I just wondered why. Seems an odd choice to me.

steve

IMG_0092.JPG

Yes really odd. We have a Range Rover/Jaguar test area near us, plus there are at least two ladies in the town that have them! Not good looking plus all the extra metalwork to stiffen up the chassis, must be extra heavy and extra inefficient on fuel!

On 9/13/2019 at 1:22 AM, Rob Hall said:

Saw this poor Mustang in my neighborhood this evening, driver took out a light pole and fled the scene.  

C342C70E-D0FC-47AD-88DA-2B7E5D8C9812.jpeg

Living in the UK with our narrow, windy roads American cars often bite our light poles!

4 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Am I the only one who thinks the 1st iteration of the Countach was a revelation, then every change they made to it was a subtraction.  Compare and contrast to the one above.

HLhQ5L3.jpg

Still can't hold a candle to the Miura though.

The only version I really like .