Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

4 hours ago, sfhess said:

Looks like a Hebmueller.  Maybe a fiberglass replica?

Ya that sounds like the name of the VW. I remembered this morning the show was Bitchen Rides from last week. You may be correct about the fiberglass reproduction body, I don't think anybody in their right mind would do that to a real one. I know the '40 front end was once a popular thing on normal type 1's.  

20 hours ago, espo said:

The VW looks like a very rare model, I can't remember what they're called. I was watching a show last week that was in SoCal and everyone was getting excited over what looks like the same car but with a stock frontend. They made it sound like this is a very valuable car. You might want to check it out and see if this isn't something special. You may want to buy it and restore it, the program made it sound like it could be a profitable venture.  

Hebmuller was the first thing I thought of, but the roof shape is all wrong, and the windshield is too cut down.  The real thing has a much more graceful and flowing lines. Well, with the roof down anyway.

:)

hb1.jpg.77851540369b77a20f626fbe35a4ae56.jpg

hb3.jpg.715b07f169f86f724a73dae70819e12e.jpg

3 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Hebmuller was the first thing I thought of, but the roof shape is all wrong, and the windshield is too cut down.  The real thing has a much more graceful and flowing lines. Well, with the roof down anyway.

:)

hb1.jpg.77851540369b77a20f626fbe35a4ae56.jpg

hb3.jpg.715b07f169f86f724a73dae70819e12e.jpg

I see what your saying about the windshield. SFHESS also pointed out the possibility  of a fiberglass body as well as the hood. 

Learn something new every day. The conversion on the rear section of the body is the most interesting to me. Rob Hall's picture sows just how much the rear would have been altered. I also would have left the stock front end just because it would look more like the more valuable car. 

I know this thread is titled What did you see on the road today?. I spend a good bit of time on the road and have posted some cars I have come across. Most of them were not "on the road" at the time I came across them but I'd like to share at least a pic of what I do see, when I see them. As an example, I talked to this owner today. He does drive them both.

dcnrod08.jpg

dcnrod10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know it really isn't fair living in Southern California when it comes to car spotting, but this one caught my eye.  Ferrari 488 just cruising down the 5 in north county San Diego. We were headed down town to Monster Jam with my grandson and this was actually going with traffic.  No high speed pass, just a leisurely day out driving the new car. 

Ferrari 11 9 19.jpg

I know it really isn't fair living in Southern California when it comes to car spotting, but this one caught my eye.  Ferrari 488 just cruising down the 5 in north county San Diego. We were headed down town to Monster Jam with my grandson and this was actually going with traffic.  No high speed pass, just a leisurely day out driving the new car. 

Ferrari 11 9 19.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

My wife saw a 8 point gray mule buck.......but not in time to miss it. $4500 and we will get it back fixed.....I hate deer.

I have the local deer renderer's phone number saved.   I've told my wife if she hits and kills a deer to claim it.  At least we'll get some meat out of it.

13 minutes ago, tbill said:

Saw this in my garage Sunday, tucked away for its too long winter nap 

2004 Corvette Convertible 

40 -50 mph wind and 25 degrees with 8 degrees tonight. Time to put my 3 away. I do try and take out the 46 on really nice days all Winter...

2v29EzUngxJcANd.jpg

3 hours ago, Dave Van said:

40 -50 mph wind and 25 degrees with 8 degrees tonight. Time to put my 3 away. I do try and take out the 46 on really nice days all Winter...

2v29EzUngxJcANd.jpg

Nice looking ride! If it weren’t for all the salt around here in the winter, I’d take it out on dry days, but soon, the roads will be pure white......, and not from snow.