Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I didnt get any pics of it, but yesterday on I10 heading west , south of Tucson , ( maybe coming out of the Vail AZ area )  was a real clean looking  old Ford F100. I 'think ' it was  a 1960 but wouldn't bet the farm on the year . Nice looking truck I might add

it seems to be the time of year more and more old rides are coming out to play around here.

Although temps in the upper 30s when the sun goes down might kill that for a few ,,,,brrrrrr

Edited by gtx6970

3 hours ago, espo said:

Look at the price of gas in California. As a former 30 + year resident of California I'm sorry to see what they're charging for gas there. Saving more than $2 per gallon at the local Costco now.  

I regularly get gas for a $1 less in NorCal (Costco though).  Just remember the picture was taken #1 right off I-5 (convenience) #2 its Chevron which in my experience always runs higher than the prevailing rate #3 its in Silverlake in LA, a bit more affluent than other parts of LA so residents don't balk as much about the prices (ever notice where they put Whole Food stores?) and #4 its California gas so the exhaust emits rainbows and smells of orange blossoms.

Edited by The Junkman

10 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Just remember the picture was taken #1 right off I-5 (convenience) #2 its Chevron which in my experience always runs higher than the prevailing rate #3 its in Silverlake in LA, a bit more affluent than other parts of LA so residents don't balk as much about the prices (ever notice where they put Whole Food stores?) and #4 its California gas so the exhaust emits rainbows and smells of orange blossoms.

Ha, you obviously know the area! There is a Whole Foods/365 about a block away. Silver Lake has become more pricey - it used to be a place poor students and struggling artists could live; not so much anymore.

Yes, that station is priced a little higher than most around here - I think I paid $4.09 for premium last time I got gas. . There's an Arco on the opposite corner (out of frame on my left) that runs substantially cheaper and does a lot more business.

20 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

Ha, you obviously know the area!

I grew up in Westchester and returned to that area when I had a job related relocation.  I remember when there was actual berry farms across the road from Knotts Berry Farm, that an "E Ticket Ride" at Disneyland was worth something, when there was a tunnel on Sepulveda Blvd rather than I-405 and when there were horse and chicken ranches in the San Fernando Valley.  Yes, I am old.  OTOH, I met my wife at Dockweiler Beach but otherwise you couldn't drag me back there. 

Edited by The Junkman