Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

8 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Just curious,what kind of car is this?Its like a cross between a new Vette,and a McLaren..I mean whatever it is,it’s pretty wild,and looks fast even just sitting there.Lol

36D49128-FB75-4396-AF29-8AD1426070F7.jpeg

Its a McLaren..as the badge on the rear says..;)

Edited by Rob Hall

On 2/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, NYLIBUD said:

The Lambo was always my favorite,and yes like most of you,I had a big poster of it on my wall in my bedroom.And I was curious,was that blue Gremlin from NY? 

2F91574D-3D05-40C5-9C09-F275563957D4.jpeg

52A35F82-D447-417D-B16F-495D58DAE19A.jpeg

Given a choice I would take the Gremlin.  Not that it wouldn't get it's fair share of attention, but the Lambo just wouldn't fit since I stopped wearing the Mr. T starter kit around my neck. 

That GTO is something else. It's sure good looking. If it were mine, Id sort out the stance, give it the full four headlights and a decent grille and scare myself silly in it.

Edited by DonW

On 12/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, DonW said:

Where I used to live in West Wales, the council decided to put in 8 or 10 speed bumps on a stretch of road. A year or so later, they removed them after various complaints. Try getting an injured, pregnant or sick person to hospital in a hurry - you don't need speed bumps.

A local building firm was they only winner - they got paid a lot to install them and then they were given the contract to remove them.

We need a couple of speed humps! Although it's a 30 limit through our housing estate there's a school beyond! So some parents (quite a few) drive through at 40 and 50+ in the morning to and from the school as they are late both for the school and work! Why don't they get up earlier or drag the kids out of bed earlier and drive through at the right speed? We've spoken to the Police on numerous occasions but they haven't got the 'manpower', they suggest that they train us to use a radar gun at 8 to 9am and at 3 to 4 pm and catch them all. This all happened a couple of years ago when the same idea was used in a nearby town when the public were threatened and one chap was so incensed that he tried to run over the four members of the public trying to do their civic duty and make the roads safer. All of them were taken to court and fined a puny amount and had 3 points put on their licence! What a waste of time!

Oh by the buy the Police Station closed in the town centre and they now have a 'Police Office' on a nearby industrial estate, the guy who runs a tyre business opposite says they all  (9) come into work at 9am, one goes out at 12 noon to get their lunches and they all leave at 5pm! Soon after they moved the female Inspector said she needs to go round the town once on Friday night and once on Saturday night before she is transferred to a bigger town. The report in the local paper the week after said she was shocked by the number of under age kids in most of the 13 pubs and drug dealing was open to all. By the time this was printed she had been transferred. There are still no Police on the streets day or night.

11 hours ago, PatW said:

We need a couple of speed humps! Although it's a 30 limit through our housing estate there's a school beyond! So some parents (quite a few) drive through at 40 and 50+ in the morning to and from the school as they are late both for the school and work! Why don't they get up earlier or drag the kids out of bed earlier and drive through at the right speed? We've spoken to the Police on numerous occasions but they haven't got the 'manpower', they suggest that they train us to use a radar gun at 8 to 9am and at 3 to 4 pm and catch them all. This all happened a couple of years ago when the same idea was used in a nearby town when the public were threatened and one chap was so incensed that he tried to run over the four members of the public trying to do their civic duty and make the roads safer. All of them were taken to court and fined a puny amount and had 3 points put on their licence! What a waste of time!

Oh by the buy the Police Station closed in the town centre and they now have a 'Police Office' on a nearby industrial estate, the guy who runs a tyre business opposite says they all  (9) come into work at 9am, one goes out at 12 noon to get their lunches and they all leave at 5pm! Soon after they moved the female Inspector said she needs to go round the town once on Friday night and once on Saturday night before she is transferred to a bigger town. The report in the local paper the week after said she was shocked by the number of under age kids in most of the 13 pubs and drug dealing was open to all. By the time this was printed she had been transferred. There are still no Police on the streets day or night.

Still not convinced that speed humps are the answer, my point re. emergency services remains valid - and speed humps don't tackle drug abuse! Sounds like you need more active and intelligent policing, just like most communities in the UK!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:04 PM, CabDriver said:

And this lawnmower wouldn’t be remarkable...except this is a busy intersection and there’s not a lawn to mow within 30 blocks of here ???

Reminds me of Vince Gill singing 'she might have took my car keys, but she forgot about my old john deere'  :P

...apparently written about an anecdote involving George Jones