Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 3/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Earl Marischal said:

Saw this quad bike on steroids lunchtime today.

steve

IMG_0309.JPG

He nearly fitted it in the space! ?

It looks like it’s short enough that it WOULD have fitted if he’d gone nose-in 

Edited by CabDriver

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Brudda said:

ZR-1. Put on a new carbon fiber spoiler on the front. Do not hit a curb, $3000 front spoiler.

E79B320C-73A3-4140-91E4-8C2449FF5DB5.jpeg

3B7FA2A8-A9A1-48C1-9EF2-F90169460C7A.jpeg

0DC9F84E-603C-4599-9EE7-1581518C21C3.jpeg

That's when you know you just have to much money. I've never had enough money. 

1 hour ago, jchrisf said:

This was a friend's wife here in town a couple years ago if it will open for you.. That right there will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.  Good to see how to weather one of these

I see red and blue lights reflecting on the dash board and I think I even hear the theme from Cops in the background. " What ya goin to do when they hit you with the blue light ?? 

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

What is that on the trailer?

If you click on the image does it not play?  It is a Falcon 9 Rocket being brought back to the Space Center after landing in the ocean.  It comes right by her car.. it is a video

Edited by jchrisf

32 minutes ago, jchrisf said:

Falcon 9 Rocket being brought back to the Space Center after landing in the ocean.  

A lot farm fields around me....only time in my life I'll ever see anything like that...Wow!

19 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

I saw the video, just didn't know what it was as we dont get stuff even close to that on the roads around here. fishing boats on trailers are common but never rockets

13 minutes ago, Khils said:

A lot farm fields around me....only time in my life I'll ever see anything like that...Wow!

LOL.. I guess we take them for granted.. Something about them is on the news all the time and we are always seeing and hearing them launch.   When the Space Shuttle used to land it would make two very loud sonic booms and people who lived here all their lives would ask.. what was that!  Then someone would say the Space Shuttle and they'd say, "oh yeah."  I remember the first time I heard it about 22 years ago.  I asked how would I know if I heard it and they said, oh you'll know.  About 4 in the morning it came in and I thought someone fired a shotgun twice outside my window... came right out of bed.

18 hours ago, jchrisf said:

LOL.. I guess we take them for granted.. Something about them is on the news all the time and we are always seeing and hearing them launch.   When the Space Shuttle used to land it would make two very loud sonic booms and people who lived here all their lives would ask.. what was that!  Then someone would say the Space Shuttle and they'd say, "oh yeah."  I remember the first time I heard it about 22 years ago.  I asked how would I know if I heard it and they said, oh you'll know.  About 4 in the morning it came in and I thought someone fired a shotgun twice outside my window... came right out of bed.

I guess you never really realize just how big these are until it's passing you on the freeway.  I lived for a time in Lompoc Calif. and it's located next to Vandenburg AFB. IN the '60's and '70's they would launch Weather Satellites there often in the evening. Lets just say you would have to wait to finish any conversations you may be having at that time.   

6 minutes ago, espo said:

I guess you never really realize just how big these are until it's passing you on the freeway.  I lived for a time in Lompoc Calif. and it's located next to Vandenburg AFB. IN the '60's and '70's they would launch Weather Satellites there often in the evening. Lets just say you would have to wait to finish any conversations you may be having at that time.   

Very cool!