Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

17 hours ago, Rodent said:

Not on the road, but in a parking lot near home as I was walking home from a local grocery store.  Haven't seen a Yugo in forever.  Not sure where  it was going, but it had Michigan plates.

IMG_20200411_123812.jpg

A guy used to race one at our local track that had a big cube s&s motorcycle engine in it ?

Well I wouldn’t call this on the road,but it is a vehicle.A giant tree chipper truck that arrived at 8 am the other day.They just finished cutting the  trees in the new neighbors back yard..I also wouldn’t call this on the road.But this is in my friend’s backyard,an early 70s Lotus Europa,just rotting back there.And ,I believe an 86 Honda CR 250 dirt bike.Oh how I always wanted one one these in this condition.And my 09 Un marked Ford Crown Vic unmarked FBI car/W a Full police package.It has a set of Flow Master exhaust,and a KnN cold air intake.Its all blacked out.The car moves ass,& It’s a riot to drive

08C3AC9D-0E97-459F-A4E1-872ED9814EED.jpeg

A65049C1-B90E-46D0-9CC8-1FAADA1DF2F5.jpeg

4DD822F8-43EF-4961-BC46-0342483EE49D.jpeg

B60CA2FA-547A-4C47-AFE2-AC1D6F2D53AC.jpeg

63D13164-282C-433A-B6E5-D753E7D6BDC7.jpeg

Is that a bug shield on the front of that or a Covid 19 mask?! ? On the local news here the other night they showed a big yellow school bus that was driving around neighborhoods that had a big sheet "mask" like that on the front. It was filled with kids that were being driven around to other kid's houses that had birthdays that week.

6 hours ago, Safire6 said:

Is that a bug shield on the front of that or a Covid 19 mask?! ? On the local news here the other night they showed a big yellow school bus that was driving around neighborhoods that had a big sheet "mask" like that on the front. It was filled with kids that were being driven around to other kid's houses that had birthdays that week.

I assume its a Covid mask, the local authorities have mandated every person wear a cloth facial covering if outside the home.  The Ford is just going with the times.

Edited by The Junkman

6 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

I saw the motherlode all at one repair shop. A '49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan,  a '50 Buick Roadmaster and a VW convertible.  None were exactly jewels but all were fun to look at. The Lincoln was a real sleeper as it has a Ford 390 under the hood. 

I know where you took those pictures. They do get some interesting cars from time to time.

10 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Yes they do, as does Holley. I have one of my cars there now and the place looks like an indoor car show.

I live on Mill Rd. directly across Emmett St. from Holley's. Every time I go past there I have to look to see what's new. When Barry was still running Holley's, he'd sometimes give me a little tour.

10 hours ago, Adecoste said:

It hit a deer. Its Honda Canadas test car. I think it already had like 180,000km on it. They drive it through snow storms and beat on it every day.

It’s neat to hear about a supercar that’s used like a daily driver. Thankfully, the damage doesn’t look too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of a friend saw this the other day. Not just on the road, but in their driveway. They had someone inquire on something they had for sale, and the potential buyer was driving THE Dady Rat.

Here’s a link for some more information on it.

https://bangshift.com/bangshiftxl/dady-rat-hits-the-road-with-pieces-from-a-5-ton-army-truck-and-a-19-liter-duetz-v12-diesel/

2F109B04-0F10-41E4-8A1A-4171630A21AC.jpeg.e9bed3332c880901633cf2bddc603a82.jpeg

About the 2020 Corvette..It does nothing for me..Sorry and neither do the last 3-4 year old Corvettes..Just overpriced cars to look at..To show people I have money to buy one..Status symbol..Not for me..I'am not a tree hugger type of car person either..

25 minutes ago, moparfarmer said:

About the 2020 Corvette..It does nothing for me..Sorry and neither do the last 3-4 year old Corvettes..Just overpriced cars to look at..To show people I have money to buy one..Status symbol..Not for me..I'am not a tree hugger type of car person either..

I have to agree to an extent.

I can't tell any of these "super cars" apart anymore.

They all look the same to me.

Steve