Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

1 hour ago, RichCostello said:

What did you do to get kicked out? So, you can't park your car in a parking lot anymore?

If you don't have the permission of the lot owner to hold a car show and they or the businesses there complain, yes the police can kick you out.

5 hours ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Spoofed this vette at the local gas station this morning sporting vintage Iowa plates.

20201004_110229_HDR.jpg

Nice retro look. Flared wheel wells leading to a small spoiler on the rear deck. Those wheels and tires would never fit if they were stock. Nice set of Ankle Burners.   

1 minute ago, vintagerpm said:

If you don't have the permission of the lot owner to hold a car show and they or the businesses there complain, yes the police can kick you out.

You would think that business owners would be happy to have people in their lots(that would normally be empty). Some of those people, who wouldn't be there without the  little car show, might drift into their business and buy something. It looks like they're far enough away that they won't be taking up any prime parking spots, and it also looks like it brought in a lot of people.

16 hours ago, RichCostello said:

You would think that business owners would be happy to have people in their lots(that would normally be empty). Some of those people, who wouldn't be there without the  little car show, might drift into their business and buy something. It looks like they're far enough away that they won't be taking up any prime parking spots, and it also looks like it brought in a lot of people.

Maybe they don't want the low-life automotive riffraff scaring away their customers.:-)
In reality, you are on private property, and the owner sets the rules. He could be liable for anything that happens on his property, so if he doesn't want you there, you can't be there.

A few years ago, Cars & Coffee in Houston got kicked out of shopping center they had permission to be in because one of the stores in the center complained about all the people interfering with their customers.

On 10/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, Phildaupho said:

1321631918_2020-10-0410_12_51.jpg.24b0b2c5dbe7bbdc4cfe5299452336e2.jpg1804266079_2020-10-0410_07_41.jpg.99b9f389e2dd17172368484dcb5ec20f.jpg

Saw this Mazda Cosmo at a car gathering this morning. Had never seen one in the flesh before. On the way to the event I saw a Tesla Roadster drive by which I had only seen in photos before today

When I was at school in the 6th form my friend Michael Eccleston drove one of these, it had a Ford 1600 engine in place of the original rotary. We were 18 at the time, his Dad was in the motor trade.

I rode in it quite a few times. We had no idea what it would be worth one day! This was 1975/6.

17 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Exiting US 101 in Windsor CA.  You can go a long time and not see an Lamborghini Aventador in the wild.  Photo doesn't do the paint color justice.

naKQoH4.jpg

Nice,,love those Lambos.And let me guess,your driving a Mustang,right?Maybe a Shelby?