Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

• 2 weeks later...

Two sports cars outside our local Subway, The latest top of the range Aston Martin Vanquish and one of these..

photo-th.jpg

The new brand (well changed from Renault) Alpine. Both cars parked side by side and both drivers and passengers with a Subway meal. OK but the only places open at the time! Yes Covid-19 lockdown and the Fish and Chip Shop closed next door as it was a Sunday!

image.jpeg.ba0f678133f2eefa4fb651f4a1b24ea1.jpeg

Edited by PatW

16 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

That’s impressive and not a common sight. Was it just driving down the road?

steve

Yes.  Here in Palmdale, California.

I was in the middle of telling my daughter something and was reduced to "OOOOOO!  OOOOO!".

Because I own a '68 Chevy pickup, I was stoked to spot this.  Didn't see the front, so it's a '67-'72.  I was checking out the back-up lights converted to be turn signals, the back-up light is the long LED bar, which would be great for tailgaters.  Then the huge exhaust, looks like newer differential.  When he turned, saw it's a crew cab, which are really rare.  I think it's a custom, made from a Suburban, the original back doors were like the front.  Wish I could have followed, but had a new client to take money from.  Second crew cab I've seen in my town.
IMG_0905.jpg.dfcd03d2949db28edd6df5287004c883.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg.8f75436e64c08e55331c307f5dffc226.jpg

19 hours ago, Casey said:

First gen S-10. ?

301526149_PXL_20210116_2128258012.thumb.jpg.bfa238be278da5b650232656565d2ddd.jpg

My wife’s step dad had a base model, 4 cylinder, short bed, poverty capped first Gen. It was tan with, I think, sunset like sticker stripes - I can never find a photo of it or one like it online. I think it was Chevy installed theme but could be wrong. 
Don’t see many on the road anymore. 

Shared body style from the '68 model year thru the '72 model. I realize that there would be differences in some trim and lights if this was not intended for the North American market when new. I notice the Hood has the SS fake vents but the front Fenders have side marker lights that would have been on a 6 cylinder car but includes the SS "gills" used on the '68 and '69 models. The Grill has an emblem that looks like an SS emblem but can't really tell.  The Wheels appear to be 15" by 8" Corvette style Rally Wheels and the Hub Caps look like the '67 only cap or later model caps without the longer center section attached. This reminds me of my '72 SS that was painted Flame Orange Metallic, think of a Hugger Orange with very small Gold Metallic in the clear coat. 

Went to a Circle K just to get some Monster drinks, saw this Bentley with Florida plates.  I thought everyone went there in the Winter!  I wanted to challenge the driver to a race over to Jerome (89A goes over that mountain in the background, over the pedestrian sign).  😅

IMG_1076.thumb.jpg.bd003a711e2a09e8338adb6eeb9157cf.jpg

Edited by 89AKurt

4 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Went to a Circle K just to get some Monster drinks, saw this Bentley with Florida plates.  I thought everyone went there in the Winter!  I wanted to challenge the driver to a race over to Jerome (89A goes over that mountain in the background, over the pedestrian sign).  😅

Could go to Haunted Hamburger!