Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Today’s spot - saw this outside the diner whilst grabbing a little breakfast:

FDB9A3C6-81BE-4394-B39A-9048AAB2011E.thumb.jpeg.19e25e598dc591e3a2ae7a3ec80875d4.jpeg

And spotted this interesting looking trio across the parking lot...was in a rush so didn’t get a chance to go look properly but I’ll try and get back there next week and take a better look:

3C3461B0-C4C3-4423-8B68-B5BA0DEF5FAE.jpeg.e9a841cec47767cd2112c77115df447c.jpeg

There’s an old Porsche in a lot across the street from here and a 55 Chevy panel van of some sort too, plus a 40s Chevy truck...definitely need to go investigate further! 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:33 AM, Earl Marischal said:

At the local garage when I collected my Peugeot 407SW Estate after its MOT pass.

steve

E68DF330-D537-4946-9BC3-F2B68B486BB0.jpeg

Interesting to see... It is a Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due, probably a year 2000? and had a 1.8-liter inline-4 with 128 HP. I was just reading about it and the word barchetta means “small boat” in Italian, which does kinda resemble the body especially when you can see the front. “Giovane Due” roughly translates to “young couple” which hints toward its target audience. Production ended in 2005.

Edited by Venom

No time to get a picture, but I saw a neat school bus race car hauler. Painted purple, the back half of the bus was converted into a ramp style car carrier. It had a late model modified dirt track car on it. Pretty cool looking.

6 hours ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Let's see the mustang hiding behind the red one please

Next time I go out there.  It's a drag car with a one-piece fiberglass front end.  Didn't get much of a chance to look at it.

Edited by sfhess

Ferrari 250 GTO! :blink:

Well, not on the road, but on an old episode of Crime Story, set in 1964, which I've been watching on Pluto TV (free and worth every penny). 

Wouldn't have bothered to mention it except this episode ALSO had a '63 Vette coupe and a square-headlight Avanti. And, for airplane buffs, a DC-3, a Beech 18, and a classic Ford Tri-Motor! Quite a collection of historical machinery in one TV show. :blink:

Went on a car club cruise on Route 66 to Seligman.  On the way home there were some Cobras, sounded so good going by.  The first video is so short it's funny.  The other is lousy, wind drowned out the exhaust sound.

While mowing the side lawn on my tractor, I saw a 1923 Model T Depot truck. Waved to the guy letting him I liked his ride. LOL!! It was immaculate and oh so perfect. Next time I see him, I'll wave him down and see if I can go for a little ride and talk to him. Doesn't hurt to try.

There are certain cars that were so ubiquitous that you couldn't help but see them every day. Then one day...POOF! They all disappeared from the roads. There were plenty of these A-Body sedans on the roads until the early 1990's, as winter beaters and little old lady cars, then they vanished from view. This '68 Valiant was parked down the street from my Dad's office.

IMG_20210501_132646.jpg

IMG_20210501_132705.jpg

IMG_20210501_132729.jpg

IMG_20210501_132715.jpg