Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

7 minutes ago, 64Comet404 said:

Deferred maintenance never works out well.

Saw this on my way home from work.

IMG_20210525_180023.jpg

Ya know, just today I was explaining to a group of managers that their plant was only 5 years old and there was no way they should be at 80% reactive / 20% proactive maintenance!

Yesterday driving west on the M4 motorway near Cardiff in the 50mph speed limit zone I gradually overhauled and passed a DeLorean in the middle lane. At first from the rear I thought it was a nice modified early Lotus Esprit on wider wheels, but as I closed I could see the badge. The first I Delorean have ever seen, on the road or anywhere else!. As I drew alongside I saw it was LHD, also noticed how shabby the bodywork looked. And from the front it was just ugly in my opinion, like they all were!

Overall pretty striking however, and I'm glad to have seen one. Sorry no photos, we were in heavy evening traffic... 

I was pleased to see this in a local town centre car park yesterday:

1974 Vauxhall Victor 1800 FE Estate Auto

1974 Vauxhall Victor, this one with the slightly odd combination of smaller 1800 engine and auto 'box. I like the styling of these, a definite family resemblance to early '70s American GM cars. There are other versions with alternative, more attractive headlamps, Rostyle wheels etc. I'd very happily have one with a small block V8, which was done to a few back in the day.

Great to see such an original example amongst the everyday modern cars.

Edited by Spottedlaurel

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I was pleased to see this in a local town centre car park yesterday:

1974 Vauxhall Victor, this one with the slightly odd combination of smaller 1800 engine and auto 'box. I like the styling of these, a definite family resemblance to early '70s American GM cars. There are other versions with alternative, more attractive headlamps, Rostyle wheels etc. I'd very happily have one with a small block V8, which was done to a few back in the day.

Great to see such an original example amongst the everyday modern cars.

Nice one. Haven’t seen one of them for years, due to the dreaded tin worm.

steve

Big surprise Saturday evening - my brother and I were driving east on Willow Road here in Northbrook, about to cross over the Des Plaines River, when a bald eagle swooped down and headed south over the river. I've never seen a bald eagle in this area before! I'll see if I can find out if any nests are known around here. Its size made me think it was a male.

Saw this in a nearby village a little bit ago. I am not a Red Car Fanboy my any means, but these cars have just beautiful proportions. I was just sad that there were no nearby feral chickens that wanted to pose with it.

https://modernfarmer.com/2014/08/go-wild-chickens-worth-celebrating/

https://www.facebook.com/FairOaksChickens/

PXL_20210608_011655333.thumb.jpg.fe4f1a14adac934e6cb6629ff24bd9ee.jpg

On 6/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

I've never seen a bald eagle in this area before!

I live near a river parkway in the Sacramento area, and we allegedly have 3-4 breeding pairs now within a couple miles of the house. I have seen photos and I am pretty sure that the bird that I POed one evening by walking too near its roosting tree wasn't an owl. Too big and too much noise taking off. It's amazing that we now have so much wildlife in suburbia. Wasn't like that when I was a kid here.

This is a neighborhood car that used to have a car cover and air in the tires.  I think the owner has passed and his son isn't interested.

20210602_193522

This one (and the passenger) was in front of a Petsmart in Santa Rosa, CA (Yes, the hub of wine country.)

20210602_10575020210602_105901

Edited by The Junkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Junkman said:

This is a neighborhood car that used to have a car cover and air in the tires.  I think the owner has passed and his son isn't interested.

20210602_193522

This on (and the passenger) was in front of a Petsmart in Santa Rosa, CA (Yes, the hub of wine country.)

Did the owner of the Imperial wear a fedora and carry a violin case maybe? 

steve 😄

1 hour ago, PatW said:

New Honda EV.photo-th.jpg

I saw one of the old honda insights with the covered rear wheels the other day. Funnily enough it was yellow too. Still not sure why so many ev/hybrids look like charicatures/kitchen appliances/toy cars though. Its like their trying to appeal to toddlers instead of adults