Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

8BE10C8A-CE17-426D-852D-E6B9D9D9111E.thumb.jpeg.79025ecab03ff8b2533986b2bef3a59f.jpeg

An old beast survivor of a Ford van!  It was a window van but all windows except that one rear door were covered with wood. All doors had those heavy duty lock hasps. No grille, roof rack and everything squirted flat black. 

Riding along it was very loud, too bad I couldn’t get some more pix.  Something I’d build for sure!

Edited by Tom Geiger
frickin spellcheck!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

8BE10C8A-CE17-426D-852D-E6B9D9D9111E.thumb.jpeg.79025ecab03ff8b2533986b2bef3a59f.jpeg

An old beast survivor of a Ford van!  It was a window van but all windows except that one rear door were covered with wood. All doors had those heavy duty lock gasps. No grille, roof rack and everything squirted flat black. 

Riding along it was very loud, too bad I couldn’t get some more pix.  Something I’d build for sure!

I'm surprised it didn't have "FREE CANDY!" spray painted on the side..... -RRR

1 hour ago, Earl Marischal said:

It’s an Austin Maestro for those who might not recognise it.

My Dad bought one of these when they were new.

steve

1BB73EAD-D78C-4B24-BD65-562788B21997.jpeg

The number plate looks like a fake, the year letter makes it registered in 2001 and I'm pretty sure they were all dust by then