Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 6/28/2021 at 3:08 PM, Sam I Am said:

Thanks guys, it was fun driving it along the coast in the warm weather. 

So the owner swapped out cars with me. This one is getting the front suspension rebuilt and factory optional Kelsey Hayes wire wheels.

Yesterday, after enduring 110 peak temp where we live (seven miles inland from the coast), I took my lovely bride for a ride at sunset. That 60 degree weather felt soooooooo good.

20210628_114941.jpg

20210628_114930.jpg

20210628_114255.jpg

P_20180409_153902.jpg

20210627_215020.jpg

That last shot is outstanding! The car ain't so bad either!

I saw this car as I was getting on the freeway in Santa Rosa, CA.  Unbelievable that it also is featured on bringatrailer.com.  I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo.  Having said that I like the color scheme but IMHO the chop takes all the balance away.  It would need  2-3" removed from the beltline and maybe a bit of a lowering.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-buick-skylark-5/

left work at 11:30 today.  cruised PCH from Huntington Beach down to Dana Point.  the car spotting was good, but the traffic was sooooo bad i couldn't get any pic's without causing a multi car pile up. 

saw more C8 Corvettes than you could shake a stick at.  first gen Lamborghini Gallardo (pretty sure it was twin turbo'ed and burning E85), Lamborghini Huracan spyder, Lamborghini Urus, couple unknown front engine Ferrari's, Alfa C4, 911 GT3 RS, Nissan GTR, 32 Ford hot rod (or street rod? it had fenders), a super clean looking 66 Mustang GT convertible.  mid 60's Bronco, and lastly, one of those new lamo electric crossovers that Ford had the audacity to call a Mustang Mach E (which i didn't even know were available yet, so i was confused)

Edited by Suburban_Hooligan

2 hours ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

left work at 11:30 today.  cruised PCH from Huntington Beach down to Dana Point.  the car spotting was good, but the traffic was sooooo bad i couldn't get any pic's without causing a multi car pile up. 

saw more C8 Corvettes than you could shake a stick at.  first gen Lamborghini Gallardo (pretty sure it was twin turbo'ed and burning E85), Lamborghini Huracan spyder, Lamborghini Urus, couple unknown front engine Ferrari's, Alfa C4, 911 GT3 RS, Nissan GTR, 32 Ford hot rod (or street rod? it had fenders), a super clean looking 66 Mustang GT convertible.  mid 60's Bronco, and lastly, one of those new lamo electric crossovers that Ford had the audacity to call a Mustang Mach E (which i didn't even know were available yet, so i was confused)

I drove the same streach of road much later in the day an can attest to everything you said.  Gorgeous Red C8 stuck out, but there were two that really caught my attention.  I saw two different BMW M3CS's.  Only 500 sold in the US.  

Edited by Pete J.

Whilst talking to friends at our local coffee shop in a small pedestrian mall here near home, Spot came around the corner,

1165396982_Spot(1).jpg.abfa86be8717474f7ea2d7a464b7d647.jpg

He has just been built by students of The University of Buckingham Computing Faculty. The head of department was just taking it for a walk. People were taken aback as it went through all of it's moves and took photo's on their phones. Technology nowadays is amazing!

Edited by PatW
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, RSchnell said:

Braver man than I- VW camper on the interstate going through downtown Tampa, FL. Putting along at 50mph....

20210702_123159_HDR.jpg

20210702_123205_HDR.jpg

Reminds me of a story. Maybe 12 years ago I was driving back to NJ from the NNL in Toledo, Ohio.  You pretty much take Route 80 the entire length of Pennsylvania.. 7 hours worth!

I passed a green mid 1960s VW bus with Vermont tags on it.  As you said, slow lane chugging along at 50 Mph.

I stopped at a rest stop for 10 minutes.. got back in road and passed the VW again!  Over the length of Pennsylvania, it happened another three times!

I've posted different cars at this location before… the ancient mill up the road a little bit from me.  You will recognize the Porsche.

Last week this pretty Rolls shows up.. this is my favorite Rolls era look and the color scheme is great as well.  I didn’t see the torn roof from the road.

EE25F9AB-7A7B-4AF6-8111-9950F6F0DEBF.jpeg

D30A96DF-EA0B-45E6-BDE6-D109D7688D38.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sixties Sam said:

I saw this 1937 Lincoln Zephyr coupe in a parade. I've never seen or heard of one before. Beautiful car - v-12 engine!

Sam

I've seen this one many times at the Gravenhurst car show. its V12 is so quiet and smooth that if it did't have fan, you could not hear it.

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

Lincoln Zephyrs are neat cars. The V-12 is pretty anemic, the pistons aren't much bigger than a soft drink can. It was common for the V-12 to get pulled & some other engine put in it's place. You just can't beat their styling though! This is a '38 Zephyr I saw at a local auction a few years back. The dash is Art Deco all the way....

DSC_0966.JPG

DSC_0965.JPG

On 7/3/2021 at 6:38 AM, PatW said:

Whilst talking to friends at our local coffee shop in a small pedestrian mall here near home, Spot came around the corner,

1165396982_Spot(1).jpg.abfa86be8717474f7ea2d7a464b7d647.jpg

He has just been built by students of The University of Buckingham Computing Faculty. The head of department was just taking it for a walk. People were taken aback as it went through all of it's moves and took photo's on their phones. Technology nowadays is amazing!

I REALLY don't like those things. 

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I did work for Facebook Labs near Seattle in 2019 and stuff like that was always walking around the halls.

I'd sleep in an Oldsmobile full of snakes before I'd be in a building with just one free roaming robot like that.

• Haha 1