Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 9/12/2021 at 12:47 AM, Rob Hall said:

It's a mid 80s 300ZX on stock wheels.  240 was early 70s.

Thanks Rob. I didn't kinow these wheels were standard on the 300ZX but I do know the 240 was much earlier, my point was that the 300 is not as good-looking as the 240.

Cheers,

-Don.

Three noteworthy sightings today. First one is real first for me, that being a guy riding a motorized unicycle. Number two was a '57 Chevy long roof with it's back half sticking out from under an ill-secured tarp under the eve of an old barn. The last was a IH Metro step van parked in a very long line of traffic stuck on the interstate by a really firey and nasty wreck. It was white ,patined and sitting pretty low.

42 minutes ago, Beans said:

Just runnin' around town

PXL_20210911_204121958.jpg

Now that's the type of customization I like!  Just come cool LED headlight replacement.  The rest of the car looks like it would have looked when it was new (although it seems riding a bit low in the back). Might be just the angle the photo was taken.  If it was all souped up under the hood, that wouldn't bother me, as long as the exterior looks stock.

• Like 1

Someone should try and save that '58 Buick. The trim and Bumpers all look good. The Interior is a real surprise for it's condition. Even if you had to go thru the engine it would be worth it. I'll bet it got parked because the Dyno Flow started leaking and or slipping. A trans. filter change alone may go a long way.  

22 minutes ago, espo said:

Someone should try and save that '58 Buick. The trim and Bumpers all look good. The Interior is a real surprise for it's condition. Even if you had to go thru the engine it would be worth it. I'll bet it got parked because the Dyno Flow started leaking and or slipping. A trans. filter change alone may go a long way.  

I know it has been on that truck, in that spot for several years. Finally sopped to peak at it.

While stopped at a local traffic light yesterday a car rolled on the driver's side and when I glanced that way I was looking right over the roof of a 1960 Edsel four door hardtop. This one was obviously lowered with original patinaed white paint and a very appropriate license plated that reads " ED SLED". very rare sight anywhere.

A few posts back I commented on some modified pick ups I saw cruising at Myrtle Beach with lowered rears and lifted front suspensions. I now know these are known as "Carolina Squats" or "Tennessee Tilts" .Rather than start an unnecessary series of pros and cons concerning these personal choice decisions I will only suggest that you Google either term and make your own decision. ASs always this is only for information so please keep it civil and reserve your decision until right after you log off.

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

A few posts back I commented on some modified pick ups I saw cruising at Myrtle Beach with lowered rears and lifted front suspensions. I now know these are known as "Carolina Squats" or "Tennessee Tilts" .Rather than start an unnecessary series of pros and cons concerning these personal choice decisions I will only suggest that you Google either term and make your own decision. ASs always this is only for information so please keep it civil and reserve your decision until right after you log off.

From my understanding, NC made this illegal for safety reasons