Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

4 minutes ago, deuces wild said:

Yep!....😎👍

When I first saw it pull into the post office parking lot it was in the shade so all I saw was this chocolate brown mustang with those big black wheels...🤢

Edited by Sam I Am
  • Haha 1

I guess I'm old and out of touch, but when you have a nice set of wheels why would you paint them black so that you can't see any of the wheel details ? I realize that this seems to be the style now, but why not just put some steel wheels on a car if you're trying to hide the wheels appearance ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

Nice Bonnepile!

The most impressive thing I saw on my trip to the grocery store was a Charger Hellcat being driven carefully and safely in traffic.

The other day I was following a Challenger.  At a red light the driver shut the engine off and put it in park.  (I saw the backup lights flash when he put it in park then drive).  When the light turned green, he restarted and sped away.

2 hours ago, sfhess said:

The other day I was following a Challenger.  At a red light the driver shut the engine off and put it in park.  (I saw the backup lights flash when he put it in park then drive).  When the light turned green, he restarted and sped away.

His other car must be a hybrid.  😁

• Haha 1

Not really on the road but at the end of the road to my place. Been driving by it for a month now and the other day it was in his front yard- so, I know it moves. Not terribly exciting or exotic but you don't see these Pontiacs much anymore.

Later-

20220311_140130.jpg

20220311_140153.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Not really on the road but at the end of the road to my place. Been driving by it for a month now and the other day it was in his front yard- so, I know it moves. Not terribly exciting or exotic but you don't see these Pontiacs much anymore.

Later-

20220311_140130.jpg

20220311_140153.jpg

I had a cousin who owned the 74 GTO version of this.

74 GTO ad.jpg

• Like 2

It was a very smart Bright Orange (which was the standard colour) Bond Bug driving into the carpark of our local Lidl supermarket whilst we were having a lunch at Beefeater! Was it completely renovated or was the owner super careful over the years?

6 hours ago, 4mula1fan said:

LT-1 is a 350 small block. But still cool!

Oh right . I just saw the big 427 style hood and thought it was a 427. Didn't even see the callout. wonder how many of the small blocks they made in black.