Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

2 hours ago, keyser said:

Finding a Fiat store that knows anything about them prob harder than hydrogen refill. 

Outside of powertrain and special bumpers  and wheels, the 500e is a 500 Abarth made into an EV by FCA.  Luckily, electrics aren’t as maintenance heavy as something with a combustion engine would be.

What did this BRZ do in a previous life to deserve what has happened to it now?  Looks like the owner hoisted a wing and slid a BRZ under it.  Seen yesterday in our local Costco parking lot.  The driver looked to be 19 yrs old.  Don't know if you can tell but those fender flares are attached with self tapping sheet metal screws with neoprene washers. 😮

kpxYZTX.jpg

jg4nTwi.jpg

Edited by The Junkman

15 hours ago, The Junkman said:

What did this BRZ do in a previous life to deserve what has happened to it now?  Looks like the owner hoisted a wing and slid a BRZ under it.  Seen yesterday in our local Costco parking lot.  The driver looked to be 19 yrs old.  Don't know if you can tell but those fender flares are attached with self tapping sheet metal screws with neoprene washers. 😮

kpxYZTX.jpg

jg4nTwi.jpg

New styling trend ? Maybe someone needs to take away his J C Wittney catalog. 

• Like 1

Not today but last night durign my brother-in-law's brother's wake at a local funeral home. My bro-in-law's brother has passed away Tuesday of cancer and he was a member of the 315 Street Machines Auto Club. The deceased owned a beautiful 1973 Plymouth duster. Anyhow, while I was waiting outside for my wife to come out, 4 muscle cars pulled in the funeral home parking lot; the lead car - a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS gunned his engine at the entrance announcing their arrival to honor and pay respects to the deceased. He was followed by a 1965 Chevy Nova, 1955 Chevy Bel Air, 1967 Chevelle SS, and a 1969 Chevelle SS. Not a moment later more arrived - a 1980 Chevy Camaro, 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS and an incredibly rare 1969 Yenko Chevy Nova SS - my first sighting. All were members of the 315 Street Machines Auto Club. I will post pics later if I can upload it from my phone. The Yenko was parked next to my car.

I was touched by the gesture, yet disappointed that my wife, my sis-in-law and her daughter wasn't out to witness this great procession in Dennis Burdick's honor. The rumble of these muscle cars is something I will never, ever forget. Each driver all went in to pay their final respect to one of their own. World class showing from a classy muscle car auto club.

I don't know if any other muscle cars from the 315 showed up or not but wondered if any had.

I recently learned about the Ford Wrongbeds, because of the Unibody disaster.

Don't think there is a Barnfind thread, so here goes....  I'm an architectural draftsman, picked up a job where the client just bought an old house.  We were doing FaceTime with me going around the house discussing what they wanted to remodel.  Then I went back to the detached garage they want to convert into a studio apartment.  When I opened the door I said "holy cow nice truck!"  Told them I had a '48 last century, miss it.  The sale will close in a week, there are some beds that were left in the house, I got the impression this pickup was left with the house, because they said something like 'we need to get rid of this.'  I said I'll buy it!  Then I had to continue with business.  Don't know the history, hate to sound morbid, but maybe the previous owner died, widow doesn't want anything to do with this (happens all the time), and the new owners aren't into old vehicles.  The engine, which might be the original 216 Stovebolt, has the valve cover and oil pan off, so it's not running.  Fingers crossed, I was looking at the GMC and was told the owner wants $9K for it, would rather get this beauty instead!

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I recently learned about the Ford Wrongbeds, because of the Unibody disaster.

Don't think there is a Barnfind thread, so here goes....  I'm an architectural draftsman, picked up a job where the client just bought an old house.  We were doing FaceTime with me going around the house discussing what they wanted to remodel.  Then I went back to the detached garage they want to convert into a studio apartment.  When I opened the door I said "holy cow nice truck!"  Told them I had a '48 last century, miss it.  The sale will close in a week, there are some beds that were left in the house, I got the impression this pickup was left with the house, because they said something like 'we need to get rid of this.'  I said I'll buy it!  Then I had to continue with business.  Don't know the history, hate to sound morbid, but maybe the previous owner died, widow doesn't want anything to do with this (happens all the time), and the new owners aren't into old vehicles.  The engine, which might be the original 216 Stovebolt, has the valve cover and oil pan off, so it's not running.  Fingers crossed, I was looking at the GMC and was told the owner wants $9K for it, would rather get this beauty instead!

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

I would try and get the five window pickup. The GMC looks good as well but it is a 3/4 ton, unless you need the extra capacity.  

Third time I've seen this car and still trying to get a photo. Up here in Yucca Valley someone has taken a 1958 or '59 Datsun 1000 sedan, converted it to a two-door, put slicks on the back and something loud under the hood, and painted it bright yellow. Got a red hood scoop with "Air Grabber" on the sides. I'll get that shot one of these days...

On 3/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, The Junkman said:

kpxYZTX.jpg

jg4nTwi.jpg

Today’s kids sure know how to ruin a perfectly nice car.

• Haha 1

First C&C of the year is usually the biggest but Mother Nature felt like throwing in one more late season sleet & ice.  Event moved into the parking garage.

Tron Corvette (second pic with a flash)

1979 Mitsubishi Colt (58k original miles)

Tron Corvette.jpg

Tron Corvette 2.jpg

79 Mitsubishi Colt.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, Rodent said:

Saw this old workhorse at the market. I think it would be shocking to see what it would bring on Bring A Trailer.

PXL_20220410_210323719.jpg.38e947a7c77314de8c702ecebafa5a13.jpg

I just noticed the plate on that truck:lol: Either that truck drinks like a fish, or the owner must be a Roger Miller fan!

21 hours ago, HomerS said:

First C&C of the year is usually the biggest but Mother Nature felt like throwing in one more late season sleet & ice.  Event moved into the parking garage.

Tron Corvette (second pic with a flash)

1979 Mitsubishi Colt (58k original miles)

Tron Corvette.jpg

Tron Corvette 2.jpg

79 Mitsubishi Colt.jpg

Now that Tron Corvette is cool!!