Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

10 minutes ago, keyser said:

...That much camber in back in FWD (I think Si is awd) is not how I learned to tune. Looks cool but I want g loads not looks

Yup.

Amazing how many "tuners" don't grasp the fact that the intent is to keep the heavily loaded (outside) tires perpendicular to the pavement in turns to get maximum contact patch for max adhesion.

15 minutes ago, keyser said:

...Rwd picks up inside front. Love the shudder you get when it’s wanting to let go. Lol. Track dogs die hard. 

The most dramatic of them all in my humble experience. Maybe not the fastest through a given turn, but without doubt among the most fun... :D

Back to torsion bars? - Pelican Parts Forums

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

i saw a transformer today.  judging by the amount of aero, im guessing it turns into a fighter jet... 

20220517_074139.jpg

10th Gen Civic Si with a few paste on parts.  That's a hatchback, but I'm not familiar with the goofy roof things.  I would go into the CivicX forum to find out what that is, but I get bored looking at the modded Civics.  I recently got a chip and an A&N filter, so I'm good.

10 hours ago, keyser said:

Nothing like a come-along cranked down on a soft top to secure it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤡🤷🏻

Judging from the tires on the back of that poor little Chebby, the idiot who's trailering it isn't the first one it's encountered.

Stupid never sleeps.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, keyser said:

Nothing like a come-along cranked down on a soft top to secure it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤡🤷🏻

I noticed that too - I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's just to stop an already-damaged roof from blowing away or further damaging itself...but who knows...

11 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I noticed that too - I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's just to stop an already-damaged roof from blowing away or further damaging itself...but who knows...

Never make excuses for blatant idiocy. It just encourages more of the same...and usually they can come up with their own moronic excuses anyway.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

$100 worth of paint to require $50,000 worth of work if you ever wanted to bring that poor thing back.

There used to be a very apt word to refer to a moron who'd do something like that...

To paraphrase "Without chemical (enhancement), life itself would be impossible".

• Haha 1

I'll start with "on the road", I see this at all the cruise nights, which is why we are on the road.
IMG_3870.jpg.43d4e32b9ba75ba5f943a523a748d51b.jpg

First time this Honda 600 was out.  Many years ago, I knew of someone in town with several of these in his yard, and this was one of them.  I got the tape measure out, it's 10 feet long, and 50" wide.
IMG_3864.thumb.jpg.59dfcaf9033604d19cd57c3f69544a85.jpg
IMG_3868.thumb.jpg.a8bf3798057f0873341967189473bba1.jpg

It's a tight fit. 😬
IMG_3867.thumb.jpg.31a29da4ee7f377415354413695790f6.jpg

• Like 3

Saturday in Healdsburg, CA: the kind of town where really rich guys take their girlfriends/mistresses/wives for the weekend and with 8,000 population it has 5 Michelin starred restaurants.  I even have been to one.  Anyway there was a  Ferrari F12 Berlinetta in Resale Red just parked on the street like it belonged there.

No pics because I didn’t expect to see this many any classic on the way up to and fro Carthage for doctor appointment today.

1969 Buick Wildcat ragtop outside Boonville

Three classic station wagons - 50 something Buick station wagon 

50 something Ford wagon

‘55 Chevy Nomad

1965 Dodge Coronet in somebody’s driveway - Liberty St. in Carthage

Either a ‘68 or ‘69 GTX or if it’s a ‘69 Dodge Super Bee sitting amongst tall weeds by roadside just outside Port Leyden. Couldn’t tell for I caught a glimpse at the last minute passing by it.

Two vintage trucks for sale - 1966 Ford F-100 and the other I forget possibly a early 70s pick up truck. The ‘66 is immaculate. I may take a ride up there this weekend to check it out. Located in Barneveld.

And finally going the opposite direction, a gorgeous yellow ‘67 Chevelle SS muscle car heading north just outside Lowville.