Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

An eclectic mixture today..... When did they start making limos out of Chrysler 300's? LOL The '60 Impala was a nice car. Looked like one older repaint but otherwise pretty much original. Would make a fine daily driver! The LTD Squire wagon was beat to hell, but bonus points for the Dead sticker on the tailgate.

20220813_175759_HDR.jpg

20220813_124818_HDR.jpg

20220813_124750.jpg

_DSC0983.JPG

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Man,it’s really hard to look 🫣at this really nice AMX Javelin☹️.Some idiot in a Prius probably slammed into it.Arrrrgggg

If a Prius did that kind of ripping the panel and door the Prius would be a write off..definately a truck or something with a real chrome bumper in front..

I hate to see a classic damaged or destroyed.

The other evening my wife had Judge Judy on and some poor guy with a 2000 Honda Civic, all done up, got hit by an uninsured driver.  The guy wanted the maximum $4000 the court is allowed.   He said it would cost more than that to fix the car but he'd have to eat that.

Judy drilled him a new one as sarcastic as she gets.  She had her bailiff look up 2000 Civic in a used car book and came up that the car was worth $1800 and that he was a scammer because you don't put $4000 into a 20 year old car!    Not a brain cell about her!

On 8/17/2022 at 9:20 AM, Jon Cole said:

One doesn't come across a '76 Buick Skyhawk too often. Thought it was a Chevy Monza at first. Man said he had it fixed and repainted to match the one from his youth. 

20220817_112213.jpg

20220817_112211.jpg

My friend had it's twin the Chevy Monza. He loved it.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, Jon Cole said:

One doesn't come across a '76 Buick Skyhawk too often. Thought it was a Chevy Monza at first. Man said he had it fixed and repainted to match the one from his youth. 

20220817_112213.jpg

20220817_112211.jpg

I haven't seen one of these in a bazillion years.  Forgot all about them.  Just like the Saab Sonnet I saw cruising thru my hood last weekend.

A beautifully restored 1928/'29 Chrysler rumble seat coupe. White body with Navy blue fenders ,wooden oak wheels and loaded with perfect period accessories including small marker lights at each end of the sunvisor. It has an award badge on the headlight crossbar indicating that it was a 2020 National best of class winner. Very nice car indeed!