Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw a surprising amount of stuff when wandering around a nearby town yesterday. Mazda RX7, Mitsubishi FTO and Lancer Evo, VW Scirocco circa 1990 and an old Land Rover that was unusually shiny, amongst others. But this was my favourite:

1974 Ford Granada Coupe Ghia 3.0 auto

1974 Ford Granada Coupe Ghia 3.0 auto

Had a quick word with the owner and passed on my appreciation. Turns out he's owned it for 35 years.

These Mk1 Granadas ran from around 1971 to '77 and this one's from 1974. The saloons and estates were bigger than the average family car of the time here, but were common sights. The coupes were always a bit of a rarity however and it was great to see such a nice example on the street.

• Like 1

Downtown Santa Rosa, CA saw this almost-on-the-market BMW i7 luxobarge.  Its as big and imposing as it looks in the photos. Had a couple of placards in front and rear windows that implied it was still under a sales embargo until 11/22.  Strange that with that Gawd Awful hog nose grill, they found it necessary to cover all the badging and logos with black tape.  Items that are embossed and thus showed right through the tape.  Have I told you how much I despise the recent BMW trend of hog nose grills?  Like with the intensity of a 1000 Suns.  May the fleas of a hundred camels infest the armpits of whoever approved that.

vCKFEvRl.jpg

zAvWmFxl.jpg

$123,000 for what I wanted at the build your car link at BMW.com.  Could easily bumped it over $160k.  Also noted there was more comfort items available for rear seat passengers than the driver.  CEO/CFO bias?

Edited by The Junkman

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Downtown Santa Rosa, CA saw this almost-on-the-market BMW i7 luxobarge.  Its as big and imposing as it looks in the photos. Had a couple of placards in front and rear windows that implied it was still under a sales embargo until 11/22.  Strange that with that Gawd Awful hog nose grill, they found it necessary to cover all the badging and logos with black tape.  Items that are embossed and thus showed right through the tape.  Have I told you how much I despise the recent BMW trend of hog nose grills?  Like with the intensity of a 1000 Suns.  May the fleas of a hundred camels infest the armpits of whoever approved that.

vCKFEvRl.jpg

zAvWmFxl.jpg

$123,000 for what I wanted at the build your car link at BMW.com.  Could easily bumped it over $160k.  Also noted there was more comfort items available for rear seat passengers than the driver.  CEO/CFO bias?

it looks like a sneering chipmunk

• Haha 1