Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Bad Bugs Bunny Chinaman cartoon. 
We’ve had tons of BMWs over years. Most in early 2000’s. Wife had 2011 M3 4d that was wonderful car too. X5M was awful, worst AC ever. She’s in GLC63. I can’t even look at BMW anymore. Rage inducing. Makes Bangle trash look adequate. 
Ford LSD wagon? Cool. 

13 hours ago, keyser said:

Makes Bangle trash look adequate. 

I was just going to say that, it normalizes Bangle styling.  Just an opinion but BMW, by trying to be every thing to everybody, seems to have lost its way.  Last one I had any extensive contact with was a rental 3 Series Hybrid in Toronto a couple of years ago.  It was just...numb.

• Sad 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:47 PM, The Junkman said:

Downtown Santa Rosa, CA saw this almost-on-the-market BMW i7 luxobarge.  Its as big and imposing as it looks in the photos. Had a couple of placards in front and rear windows that implied it was still under a sales embargo until 11/22.  Strange that with that Gawd Awful hog nose grill, they found it necessary to cover all the badging and logos with black tape.  Items that are embossed and thus showed right through the tape.  Have I told you how much I despise the recent BMW trend of hog nose grills?  Like with the intensity of a 1000 Suns.  May the fleas of a hundred camels infest the armpits of whoever approved that.

vCKFEvRl.jpg

zAvWmFxl.jpg

$123,000 for what I wanted at the build your car link at BMW.com.  Could easily bumped it over $160k.  Also noted there was more comfort items available for rear seat passengers than the driver.  CEO/CFO bias?

There's probably some rule now that "luxury" cars must have grotesque designs.