Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I was in traffic with a '57 Ranchero for a bit this morning. I couldn't get my phone out quick enough to get a picture. It appeared to be lowered a bit with aftermarket wheels, but looked to be a survivor otherwise. Chalky light blue on the lower sides and roof, chalky white everywhere else. Some visible rust behind the front wheel.

Was up in northern AZ yesterday, saw a few interesting vehicles...a clean silver '67 Camaro convertible, a red '60 Ford stakebed truck (at the 'Standin' on the Corner' Park in Winslow), a rusty '40s Crosley wagon, a primered early '60s Ford stepbed pickup, and on I-40 a black '41 Ford Tudor on a flatbed.. Also saw one of the new Camaro Z/28s, in black w/ black wheels..looked very menacing.

Also saw a real unicorn in Flagstaff, AZ--a white '80s Nissan Van--can't be very many of these left in the US as most were recalled and crushed by Nissan after a class-action settlement.

Edited by Rob Hall

On my way home from work, after being diverted off and then back onto the freeway, I passed the slowest tractor/trailer(car carrier) with mostly blah cars. But, tucked up front on the lower tier there was a '68 Chevy Impala Coupe(not the fastback). It seemed to be in pretty decent original condition and not rusted out. Also, packing the budget friendly 350.

Parked at NNL East, I saw an AMC SC/Rambler, a Chevy II and a Honda S2000.

Those were the raffle prizes! :lol:

Actually our member Bob Gill has a SC/Rambler, but that was a friend of his that he invited. I saw photos of that very clean and original white Chevy II, one of the photos revealed a small For Sale sign on the seat... wants $10,000. There was also a mid '60s full size Pontiac out there. I was busy as all get out, so I have to rely on the photos!

And on my way home from work yesterday I saw a 2 car carrier behind an older Ford pickup carrying two vintage Land Rovers!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Here's something the wife spotted a few days ago and drove me past yesterday so that I could identify it.

It definitely looks like a '63 or '71 Whatsitwhosit or perhaps a '53 Thingamajob.

20150418_1452310_zpsty2glvom.jpg

That is certainly one bizarre vehicle. Some of the metalwork looks remarkably good for something so...ungainly, and some looks rough as a cob. Sure would be interesting to know the story behind it.

Here's something the wife spotted a few days ago and drove me past yesterday so that I could identify it.

It definitely looks like a '63 or '71 Whatsitwhosit or perhaps a '53 Thingamajob.

20150418_1452310_zpsty2glvom.jpg

Rob, is it OK if I post this on the Hokey Ass Message Board? Probably someone there can ID it. Back wheels look like '36-'38 Ford.

That is certainly one bizarre vehicle. Some of the metalwork looks remarkably good for something so...ungainly, and some looks rough as a cob. Sure would be interesting to know the story behind it.

Agreed. The front wheels are right under the driver. Weird.

Rob, is it OK if I post this on the Hokey Ass Message Board? Probably someone there can ID it. Back wheels look like '36-'38 Ford.

Go for it. Let us know what you find out.