Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Harry P.

What did you see on the road today?

Recommended Posts

66 Mercury Monterey Breezeway 4-door, tan.  In West Pasadena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, Earl Marischal said:

Saw this quad bike on steroids lunchtime today.

steve

IMG_0309.JPG

He nearly fitted it in the space! 😂
 

It looks like it’s short enough that it WOULD have fitted if he’d gone nose-in 

Edited by CabDriver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this at one of the local auto parts stores. I don't know what it is but I'd feel vulnerable inside it.

IMG_3790.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roncla, that looks like Clarkson's P-45 from Top Gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with sfhess about the P-45 Top Gear appearance. This is the type of vehicle that you would feel like you were wearing it when you're driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Two days ago, Costco gas line in Rohnert Park, CA.  Maybe not this one but honestly, how many screaming yellow Sunbeam 260ci Tigers are out there?  BTW, it sounded potent.

YwFLvpg.jpg

Edited by The Junkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZR-1. Put on a new carbon fiber spoiler on the front. Do not hit a curb, $3000 front spoiler.

E79B320C-73A3-4140-91E4-8C2449FF5DB5.jpeg

3B7FA2A8-A9A1-48C1-9EF2-F90169460C7A.jpeg

0DC9F84E-603C-4599-9EE7-1581518C21C3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brudda said:

ZR-1. Put on a new carbon fiber spoiler on the front. Do not hit a curb, $3000 front spoiler.

E79B320C-73A3-4140-91E4-8C2449FF5DB5.jpeg

3B7FA2A8-A9A1-48C1-9EF2-F90169460C7A.jpeg

0DC9F84E-603C-4599-9EE7-1581518C21C3.jpeg

That's when you know you just have to much money. I've never had enough money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This was a friend's wife here in town a couple years ago if it will open for you.. That right there will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.  Good to see how to weather one of these

 

Edited by jchrisf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sfhess said:

No yellow edge tape?

 

That's a Mopar thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jchrisf said:

This was a friend's wife here in town a couple years ago if it will open for you.. That right there will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.  Good to see how to weather one of these

 

 

I see red and blue lights reflecting on the dash board and I think I even hear the theme from Cops in the background. " What ya goin to do when they hit you with the blue light ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

What is that on the trailer?

If you click on the image does it not play?  It is a Falcon 9 Rocket being brought back to the Space Center after landing in the ocean.  It comes right by her car.. it is a video

Edited by jchrisf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jchrisf said:

Ya'll can't see the video?

 

Capture.PNG

I saw the video, just didn't know what it was as we dont get stuff even close to that on the roads around here. fishing boats on trailers are common but never rockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, jchrisf said:

Falcon 9 Rocket being brought back to the Space Center after landing in the ocean.  

A lot farm fields around me....only time in my life I'll ever see anything like that...Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

I saw the video, just didn't know what it was as we dont get stuff even close to that on the roads around here. fishing boats on trailers are common but never rockets

 

13 minutes ago, Khils said:

 

A lot farm fields around me....only time in my life I'll ever see anything like that...Wow!

LOL.. I guess we take them for granted.. Something about them is on the news all the time and we are always seeing and hearing them launch.   When the Space Shuttle used to land it would make two very loud sonic booms and people who lived here all their lives would ask.. what was that!  Then someone would say the Space Shuttle and they'd say, "oh yeah."  I remember the first time I heard it about 22 years ago.  I asked how would I know if I heard it and they said, oh you'll know.  About 4 in the morning it came in and I thought someone fired a shotgun twice outside my window... came right out of bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jchrisf said:

 

LOL.. I guess we take them for granted.. Something about them is on the news all the time and we are always seeing and hearing them launch.   When the Space Shuttle used to land it would make two very loud sonic booms and people who lived here all their lives would ask.. what was that!  Then someone would say the Space Shuttle and they'd say, "oh yeah."  I remember the first time I heard it about 22 years ago.  I asked how would I know if I heard it and they said, oh you'll know.  About 4 in the morning it came in and I thought someone fired a shotgun twice outside my window... came right out of bed.

I guess you never really realize just how big these are until it's passing you on the freeway.  I lived for a time in Lompoc Calif. and it's located next to Vandenburg AFB. IN the '60's and '70's they would launch Weather Satellites there often in the evening. Lets just say you would have to wait to finish any conversations you may be having at that time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, espo said:

I guess you never really realize just how big these are until it's passing you on the freeway.  I lived for a time in Lompoc Calif. and it's located next to Vandenburg AFB. IN the '60's and '70's they would launch Weather Satellites there often in the evening. Lets just say you would have to wait to finish any conversations you may be having at that time.   

Very cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parking lot actually.  Not your typical Wal-Martian vehicle.......

2019 C7 Grand Sport 2.jpg

2019 C7 Grand Sport.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...