Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

1 hour ago, Earl Marischal said:

Nice, but a pity the driver is so bad at parking. 😀

steve

If I had a car like that, I would do exactly what he did.  Get it as far away from everyone and park it so no one can park next to you.  Looks like the Mustang is doing the same thing.  My guess is the parking lot is a long way from full.  I feel that way because back when I had(and could afford) a new 911 I went to the far end of the lot, all by my self and some jerk in a beater parked as close to has they could.  No other cars for 50 yards.  When you have something nice, people can really be jerks!

Edited by Pete J.
  • Like 1

I don’t get out much during the day, but my wife and I had to go to the store where I saw my first 8th gen Corvette on the road. I managed to get a quick pic while I was waiting for her to grab some ingredients for a homemade pizza for dinner tonight. 

20CD4251-6427-4988-94E5-31E17A13B278.jpeg

Yesterday outside of a local hardware store.  A mid '80s AMC Eagle-haven't seen one of the road in (probably) 10+ years.  And yes, the red plastic cover (actually ANY cover)

over the front plate is illegal in CA but that isn't my concern.

8ktlHbyh.jpg

Edited by The Junkman

8 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Yesterday outside of a local hardware store.  A mid '80s AMC Eagle-haven't seen one of the road in (probably) 10+ years.  And yes, the red plastic cover (actually ANY cover)

over the front plate is illegal in CA but that isn't my concern.

8ktlHbyh.jpg

What ISN'T illegal in cali lol.  

A white Rivian pickup drove by my house today. No pictures, but it's the first I've seen in person.

A week or two ago, a white Ferrari GTC4Lusso passed me on the BW Parkway. I though they brought the breadvan back. 

Edited by SSNJim

On 7/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, JollySipper said:

Weed?  :P

Well, on that subject you should see the flocks of AWD/4WD Subarus all covered in road dust running the mean streets of the Emerald Triangle.  I mean, we DO have paved roads but that's not where these Foresters and Outbacks are operating.  Wonder where they're running.

To drag this back to the forum subject: where are the WRX kits?  Has anyone who makes decisions seen "Baby Driver" or at least the first 6 minutes?  Wings, wheels, street cred. 

Edited by The Junkman

13 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

A friend of mine has just acquired this beauty. It’s a BSA Bantam 175cc 2-stroke, rebuilt from a kit of parts by a mutual friend.

steve

0CD201D8-C8B1-425D-A521-F8946DADD96D.jpeg

My brother in law had one of these when he was 16!

• Like 1