Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

4 hours ago, JollySipper said:

I believe that's a Super Coupe Thunderbird engine......... supercharged V6....... B)

I saw the supercharger, but didn’t know what it was from.  I just knew it was a lot of engine for that little car.😎 And that Willys sure reminds me of Kit’s ‘29 Ford XPU build.🤔

IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_5895.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

It's cool that as a dealership, we still get customers bringing their classics in for service work.

1967 Mustang, in for an alignment and inspection.

DSC04196.JPG

DSC04210.JPG

DSC04213.JPG

Wow, that needs to be lowered, has 4x4 look going on but it is nice!

22 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

So am I seeing TWO Skylines, a Supra and a Lancia in one frame?  Wow, if that's what they're parking outside I wonder what's under the roof.

i was actually stoked about the Lancia.

that's Toprank Imports.  i drive past there on my way home from work sometimes just to see what's out there.  seen so many Skylines and Supras out there iv become jaded.

i mean, when you've seen this, it takes something really out of the ordinary to amuse you

20220414_161835.jpg

On 5/31/2023 at 9:40 PM, The Junkman said:

So am I seeing TWO Skylines, a Supra and a Lancia in one frame?  Wow, if that's what they're parking outside I wonder what's under the roof.

Look a little closer, Steve. There's THREE Skylines in that pic. 😉

11 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I work in the valet/guest services department at a local medical facility, and a patient entrusted me to park this little gem for him today. :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

That's a nice looking '56! I always wanted an early Bird until I built one for a customer. One of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever driven. C1 Corvettes are a tight fit too, but there's ways around it with a C1, with a 55-57 Bird you don't have much recourse if you're 6ft 230 lbs like I am. 

The one ton Ford is a friend of mine's and hasn't moved from this spot since 1997. Note the cactus growing out of the cowl vent! The red '62 Galaxie was a pleasant surprise. I owned an identical car back in the late '90s- 390/4spd except mine was an XL and this is a base model. I tried several times to buy this car to no avail, even waving a handful of $100 bills didn't work! Oh well there will be another one....

20160717_155928.jpg

IMG_20230318_084634602_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230318_084658047_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

That's a nice looking '56! I always wanted an early Bird until I built one for a customer. One of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever driven. C1 Corvettes are a tight fit too, but there's ways around it with a C1, with a 55-57 Bird you don't have much recourse if you're 6ft 230 lbs like I am. 

It was a bugger to get in and out of, I can tell you that!!

Steve

Saw a few interesting red cars on I-90 today...a red Ferrari 308 coming up behind me this afternoon..it passed me, and I realized it was a Fauxrari...looked like a 3rd gen Camaro or Firebird with a 308 style body kit...faded red paint, '1MAGNUM' license plate...different, haven't seen something like that in decades.     Also saw a '61 Corvette convertible w/ patina--red w/ white cove inserts, 6 round taillights, side pipes, roll bar, old slotted mags.  Spotted a very clean red '65-66 Mustang coupe.    

Went to a retirement happy hour for a coworker the other evening, in the parking lot was my company founder's silver Ferrari 812 Superfast which he bought after selling the company last year, and the VP of Product Management's new red Corvette Z06 convertible (in that incredible red that looks like a Hot Wheels spectraflame color).