Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

1965? Ford LTD sedan. Not liking the choice of wheels but I haven't seen one of these on the road in a while. 

20171021_155529.jpg

That is a '65 for sure. My dad had one when I was I was 18. I drove it once and never asked for it again ... scariest car I ever drove on a corner, worst than his VW Bus he had before.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunetly that kind of wheel and tire combo like what's on that SuperDuty is one of the newer trends.  Then in some areas, they build the trucks with less lift in the back than the front so that it looks like it's got a full load and sagging under the weight, to me it looks stupid (my Cherokee has airshocks to keep it from looking that way since they tend to sag on their own), but what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did not take any pictures, but I went down to my old stompin' grounds today. The traffic is a little dicey, so I did a little alley hunting, and I saw three interesting cars parked in yards behind some nice homes:

1) 1975-78 Mercury Grand Marquis 2 Door Hardtop. Black, with Black Landau Vinyl Roof. Crusty, sun fried, but restorable. Looks as it has not moved in at least 10 years.

2)1973 Plymouth Duster with the Gold Duster  Package. Gold with Gold Canopy Vinyl Roof. Crusty, sun fried, but restorable. Looks as it has not moved in at least 15 years.

3) 1963 Ford Falcon Sprint Convertible. Red Car Left to the elements, as the top, and interior is toast. It would take a lot of loot to bring this one back to life, as it needs just about everything but the body, and that  needs quite a bit of work and rust repair.

If only I had the money, ability and time to bring one of these back. I did not go on to the private property to investigate these gems any further, as I did not want to get my hopes up too high.  I have seen worse raw material brought back to life.

At least I have a model of the '63 Falcon Convertible and a '73 Plymouth Duster in my collection that I can do.

On 11-11-2017 at 9:28 PM, Tom Geiger said:

pulsar1.thumb.jpg.b91fb28c6681da8d238c4f

In New Jersey this week and spotted this Nissan Pulsar  GTR.  Parked behind it, the first thing I noticed was the roll cage.  Then when I got out of my car to inspect I saw it was a right hand drive import. I don't believe these were ever sold here in the USA.

pulsar2.thumb.jpg.5d9998b2ad701e11dd1e92

pulsar3.thumb.jpg.9032c2e37a8dc5a2cf453c

These cars have been off factory world wide as a RHD, i believe the countries that sold them as LHD got converted once they landed in the country themselves by the importers.. i might be wrong though, but ive only seen a handfull with LHD including internet searches!