Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newly reissued Revell BRE Datsun 510 Racecar kit

Just picked up mine at my LHS the other day. I'm very impressed by the thinness of the body, hood, and glass and how well it all seems to fit together. All the glass fits from the outside of the body perfectly and there's no warpage whatsoever. I'd have loved to have built one of these when the tool was new... I've been correcting some uneven molding around the front windows and the panel lines, especially on the passenger side, are all but gone. Not a big deal, and it's going to look great on my shelf!

if and when you do the wagon conversion to that 510 body, PLEASE either resin cast it and offer it for sale or let some established caster use your master! I think there would be a huge (well, ok, maybe not that huge) market for it...I know I would buy one sight unseen and a lot more if they were quality.

jb

Well I finally got some free time so I grabbed my new camera and snapped some photos of this kit.

DSCN4550-vi.jpg

DSCN4552-vi.jpg

DSCN4553-vi.jpg

DSCN4555-vi.jpg

The chassis piece went in the big area.

DSCN4556-vi.jpg

I had my hopes up for a stripped door panel insert,but we just got a stock one. Only complaint so far.

DSCN4557-vi.jpg

Out of scale wire for plumbing, instructions on plumbing in the instructions (Duh :lol: )

DSCN4558-vi.jpg

Just so you get an idea how tiny the wheels are here it is next to a quarter. :unsure:

DSCN4559-vi.jpg

Wow! That decals sheet is way better! I need to get one just for the decals.

Since I have a few of the old ones still Old pic, btw

695100002.jpg

If I didn't know better I'd say you liked Datsuns, oh wait that's right. :lol: Here's my tiny (Compared to yours) Datsun shrine.

DSCN4565-vi.jpg

And then I've got three other Datsun kits but they are all Japanese flat boxes.

I have the Tuner kit. I might have to get that one too.

I'd like to see a Datsun 620 pickup done in a kit with that kind of quality. Sorry MPC...

The MPC kit isn't all that bad, it just takes more effort to yield a good model. Here are two of the best examples I've ever seen of the kit built, both by builders out of Japan.The full write up is here, but it's all in Japanese.

905328_722994801052318_1901563871_o.jpg

1523996_719575521394246_1854236157_o.jpg

1781726_719548974730234_1001959912_o.jpg

Edited by Austin T

20140725_125014-L.jpg

Got these this week..

Wow! That decals sheet is way better! I need to get one just for the decals.

Since I have a few of the old ones still Old pic, btw

695100002.jpg

I also have the same 510 kit in the upper left corner. Should compare the two.

I REALLY need a 620 kit..

Edited by Project510

Union Models 510 is the Revell Brock Buster kit that was last issued as the Tuner kit. The only difference is the box and instructions. They also released the BRE 510 Race car and the BRE 240Z

At one time they where the only way to get these kits until Revell re-issued them.