Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many Wagons and Woodie kits out there? Yer on yer own on this one.

Hubley also produced the 1960 and 1962 Country Squire wagons in 1/24th scale plastic. Also, AMT produced a 1961 Buick Special station wagon in both promo and 3in1 kit form, as well as the 1962 Chevy II wagon. AMT produced both 1964 and 65 Chevelle station wagons as well.

Art

I'd like to see the '58 Olds wagon (first photo) as a kit. I drove a '68 Vista Cruiser through part of college. The first kit pictured, a '40 Ford Sedan Delivery, is listed as a woodie? I guess it's like people who don't know the difference between a hardtop and a sedan, or a roadster and a convertible.

Hubley also produced the 1960 and 1962 Country Squire wagons in 1/24th scale plastic. Also, AMT produced a 1961 Buick Special station wagon in both promo and 3in1 kit form, as well as the 1962 Chevy II wagon. AMT produced both 1964 and 65 Chevelle station wagons as well.

Art

Hubley-161-k-2.jpg only one I've seen. got pictures?

Edited by Greg Myers

Yeah. <_<cars1923star01.jpgAMT%20T142%20ExpWagon.JPG same group. ;)

Even thou the name "station wagon" it's self translates to "depot Hack"

For me a station wagon is more of a civilian personal vehicle on a sedan platform with windows on the sides most of the way back anything else is a commercial vehicle

(but I'm sure a certain someone will find flaw in my opinion :) )<Happy Face inserted

IMG_3941-vi.jpg

There was an Excel / Johan promo wagon for every year from 1959 through 1966. They aren't expensive especially if damaged, which shouldn't matter much when using them as a basis for a detailed model. The 1959 is most plentiful having been issued recently as a Johan kit in the Okey Spalding era.

A funny story. When Alan was here from Australia last fall, we went to a swap meet. There was a vendor there with two Rambler wagons. We only found out when we got back into the car that each of us had bought one!