Model Cars Magazine Forum

UPDATED: Stockton CA NNL and Swap Meet Sunday July 12 2015

jbwelda

just a reminder that the Stockton NNL put on by Bob Karoll is this coming Sunday, July 12, at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton California.

I am not sure the hours but I think the major swap meet starts early possibly 6am but certainly by 8am, and the model show and NNL (though selected awards are given out) shortly thereafter.

judging is usually done by 2pm, with announcements and awards done by 3pm or so.

Hope to see a big turnout, usually there are in the range of 200 or so cars, more if Mark Townsend brings a suitcase full.

Model show is inside in the 1st building to the right as you come in and outside is the swap meet and 1:1 car show too.

I think admission to the fairgrounds is 7$. I also believe there will either be an antique bike show or some kind of sci-fi anime sort of convention in the same building, but it rarely interferes with the model show proper, or vice versa.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

• 3 months later...

Stockton NNL and car show and swap meet coming up again this Sunday, 12 Oct 2014. lots of fun and lots of great models by luminaries Jerry Shoger, Jerry Cardinal, Jerry Amaral (way too many "Jerry"s), not to mention other names big and small and a wide variety of subject matter. San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton, CA, I believe the door pressure is 7$ to get into the event; model contest entry is free. Bring em!

jb

• 6 months later...

Is there any updates on a 2015 schedule, and if Bob has a mailing list how do I go about getting on it? The group that was doing it before Bob bought it would mail me out a notice a couple of months in advance, but due to some surgeries I haven't been going to any shows, but really like the summer show in Stockton.

I'm scheduled for a another round of surgeries starting May 7th and even though I'll be stranded in the bed for the first three weeks I hope to be able to hobble on crutches, or one of those little push things by show time. Thanks for the updates,Del.

• 1 month later...

Any idea if Bob is still promoting this show, or if even the model show and swap meet still run with the 1:1 swap meet? And when it is? Thanks for any help I might get.

Also like to know if the July show still happens?

Edited by horsepower

• 3 weeks later...

hey horsepower, sorry to leave you stranded I forgot all about this thread!

NNL in conjunction with Stockton swap meet is definitely still happening and in fact the next one is scheduled for this Sunday, July 12, 2015. I do not know if Bob has a mailing list but I know he prints up flyers and you can get one of those at the show or if you can't go PM me and I will pick one up and mail it to you. I think there is only one more for the year after this sunday, but I forget when exactly.

anyway if you cannot make it get hold of me and I will make sure to let you know when the next one is and get you on a mailing list if there is one. hope to see you there.

jb

sorry pat, I didn't take any. should have though; there were well over a couple hundred models in attendance. model cars, that is. there were plenty of the other sort of "models" next door at the comic-con.

maybe don graham did so I will pm him and see if he would like to post a few here.

jb