Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White

RandyB.

I know there has been a couple of other posts here of this Mustang but I thought I would share a few pics of mine as well. Painted in factory colour "Oxford White". Actually not a bad representation of the 2015 Mustang other than poor headlight detail but I guess it will suffice until Revell comes out with a more detailed version in a year or so....the sooner the better! The model needs to be lowered to give it a more realistic stance which I did by notching out the groove where the axles sit. Check out the pics below and see what you think.

Revell2015MustangGTa_zps1f7103a9.jpg

Revell2015MustangGTb_zps323acafb.jpg

Revell2015MustangGTc_zps9ff65a2e.jpg

Revell2015MustangGTd_zpsa99850ae.jpg

Revell2015MustangGTe_zpsdac25d26.jpg

Pictures2051_zpsc797cd8e.jpg

Are those "headlights" decals? I assume the kit was tooled before Ford had actually finalized the details?

And no mirrors in the kit? No excuse for that. Nothing makes a model look less realistic (especially a late-model car) than no mirrors. Not your fault, if there are none in the kit, what can you do? I just don't understand the corner-cutting. If you're going to tool up a new kit, why leave off such an obvious feature?

I looked it up. I guess it's not really meant to be a "serious" model at all... on their website they specifically say it's meant for little kids to play with... more a toy than a scale model. Twelve pieces!

I think we knew that months ago when it was announced at the auto show, though...it's pretty clear from the box art also, very cheesy and kid-oriented. This is a subject that deserves a serious adult version, hope it happens....

Edited by Rob Hall

Nice work on a very basic model.

I kinda like this kit, bought 3 or them.

I can see Revell Tooling a kit in stages.

This basic kit is the lanch of the kit.

Next version has better headlights, tail lights, mirrors and upgraded interior.

Sales from this first two kits, which many of us buy, funds the detailed kit as it looks in real world production version.

This gets a kit out there to the kids that 'want it now!!" and funds the full detail down the raod.

A interesting method that is my years as a bank analyst has dreamed up and no inside info on weather that is their plan or not.

I'm for it.....

I think we knew that months ago when it was announced at the auto show, though..

I don't follow stuff like that, so I had no idea. I didn't even know Revell made model kits that are specifically meant to be toys. Since I don't build models of current cars, this stuff isn't even on my radar. I assumed it was a "real" kit. My mistake. ^_^

I don't follow stuff like that, so I had no idea. I didn't even know Revell made model kits that are specifically meant to be toys. Since I don't build models of current cars, this stuff isn't even on my radar. I assumed it was a "real" kit. My mistake. ^_^

Yeah, there were a couple threads on here about it...

Maybe they will do a pre painted version like the upcoming '13 Challenger and Camaro kits.

Edited by Rob Hall

Unthinkable!! ;) So you like 1:1 Mustangs but not kits of them? Curious...

Love the real thing. No interest in building a model of it. No interest in building models of any current cars, really. They just don't interest me as subjects to build. To drive, yes. :D

This is the kit Ford Motor Company was handing out to the kids that went to the Detroit Auto Show in January. I knew it was lacking detail and was meant as a play car but also I knew it had accurate body lines and could be made to look like a fairly decent representation of the 1:1 car with a little work so I decided to build this quickie kit until Revell produced a more detailed kit in a year or so.

Edited by RandyB.