Model Cars Magazine Forum

Midnight cowboy wrecker?

They are a very simplistic rendition of a a ladder type chassis and V8 engine. The wrecker bed is kind of toy like but useable. The tires are hard, solid vinyl typical of the late seventies, early eighties Revell kits.

Edited by Ben

Maybe ill put what i have on the bench on hold and give this a go, maybe my attempt will be a good 1. I have no intentions of using the rims, tires or engine. Wonder who can guess what im stuffing in it, its definitly not gonna be a small block chevy. Hope this turns out how im picturing it.

On another note, after reading the post listed above, IF i buy the 77 gmc wrecker it would be only for the body, maybe.

Wonder who can guess what im stuffing in it, its definitly not gonna be a small block chevy.

On another note, after reading the post listed above, IF i buy the 77 gmc wrecker it would be only for the body, maybe.

Wouldnt be a Detroit, would it?!? Double check the GMC before you buy it, I think the bed is different. I think the sides are the pickup bed and not an actual wrecker body. Im pretty sure the Mid Cow is the only body like it.

Yes, the GMC wrecker does have a different bed from the Midnight Cowboy. It is not a pickup bed, though. I don't recall who made the 1:1 version, Century perhaps, but I have seen them in person. My Uncle Louis had an '80 Chevrolet K30 with one of those beds on it.