Model Cars Magazine Forum

Datsun 510

Hi James nice start. Its good to see someone doing a datsun. I remember when Nissan was selling everything here in the states as Datsun. Or maybe they just decided to change the name.. Heck I dont know.. I just know one day I was seeing Datsun commercials and the next thing I knew it was Nissan. Anyways, the 510 was always a cool looking little car in my book.

Thanks guys...

Glenn, they are XS wheels...

Jim, I remember that too... I was a kid, but I remember seeing those Dataun commercials and then one day, Nissan...

Mike, I noticed that after I glued them on, and after some careful trimming with the xacto, they look much better... But thanks for pointing that out for me...

I just finished the Tuner version. This is an old tooling and has some vague looking body details (handles, rear vents, taillights, etc.) and some pretty shallow panel lines. Doesn't look like they bothered to clean up the mold.

The dash glues to the body, holding in the hood hinge. I forgot to put the hinge in mine <_< . The window also go in from the outside, leaving some troublesome gaps. Wacky stuff. Have fun.