Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 4th Quarter new kit announcements

Hey Luc...maybe our 69 Polara still has a chance? Maybe send it in again!

Hey Tom, acually I sort of did that, by posting it and other 250K proposals on the Revell Germany "Share your dream" we page.

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2579/

BTW they expanded their search filters, so 1/24th can be sifted out from all other subjects in the ground category.

Edited by Luc Janssens

That was Fear is the Key:

Ah... Barry Newman! A.K.A. Kowalski. And cheesy 70's low budget film music. Cheesy 70's screaming girl. Whats not like? And I'm not being sarcastic in saying that. I liked the seven minutes or so of this clip. No Vanishing Point. But, not too bad. Love the '69 Catalina cop cars. Beyond that, I want the Ford franchise in that town. Look at the number of new '72 Fords running around that town! Makes me a bit surprised the cops weren't driving Ford Customs or Custom 500s. Also fun, but cheesy is editing done in this movie. In the beach scene, check out the temporary self repairing right low beam headlight. Great feature, except it re breaks itself when it leaves the beach. But then again a left repaired itself to make up for it. I love it!

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Thanks Chris!!!! Now I have to find that film!!!! Never seen that....poor Torino....how did they keep it running with that frame damage!!!

They probably wrecked 3 identical ones for that movie.

Anyway thank you Chris too, I've posted a link to that clip on the share your dream site....

http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2893/

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2014/03/01/hmn_feature13.html5dcf5c48512587f73e70e61c7e5c3e83.jpg

BTW isn't this car based on the '72-'76 Torino platform/chasis too?

Would be a good subject for the low rider crowd (if still popular) hmm hear Kid Frost in the back ground......

1977-Ford-Thunderbird-06.jpg

Luc, I believe it is! I remember when that car was intro'd in the fall of '76-----I was in high school at the time and my buddies and I were BLOWN AWAY by how that car looked! It was a HUGE departure from what the T-Bird had been for years. No more super huge overhangs and dopey opera windows!

And yes, I'd love to see this car kitted-------lowrider or not. This is one of my favorite cars of the '70's along with the new for '77 Lincoln Continental Mark V. ;)

Luc, the '77-'79 TBird is a Torino. Or, a LTD II. I owned both a '72 Torino and a '77 TBird 1:1 and even the dash boards were the same. Ford decided to down size the TBird rather than keep it the same size platform as the Lincoln Mark Continental. Also, they lowered the price because it became a Torino with new sheet metal.

So, here is the $64,000 question; will Revell or a Resin kit company make a body to fit the Revell Starsky and Hutch Torino?

BTW isn't this car based on the '72-'76 Torino platform/chasis too?

Would be a good subject for the low rider crowd (if still popular) hmm hear Kid Frost in the back ground......

1977-Ford-Thunderbird-06.jpg

I too love the down sized Torino chassis Thunderbirds. Can't be too hard to make a '77 or '78 (forget '79, ugly grille and taillights) T-Bird from the same tooling as the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

Scott

An LTD II conversion would be neat.. I like the optional graphics on this one..

!Bc4c5!BWk~$KGrHqQH-DQEquqkRDf5BK2e5770J

DING DING DING.......my favorite unknown Ford Mid size. The guy across the street from me when I was in high school had a LTD II in black with the red stripe. I LOVED that car.....and so few left today.......Revell give us a T-Bird and I'll make a LTD II!!

Quarter window looks a touch small. But otherwise, great!

I could see people buying the kit for the slot mags.

I love 5-slot wheels, but these just look like knockoffs of MPC's Ansen Sprints.

286-69-5861.jpg

On the 1:1 car, the rear wheels are wider.

Thanks for posting those pintures of the Torino It look great!,and .....Revell .......Thank you a million for doing this car, I plan to buy at least seven, Will do two S & H cars, one stock and the others as nascar racers....including the Le Manns Torino. My scrachtbuilt torino body can now rest in Peace.

I agree, the S&H chassis looks really nicely done. Looking at the side panel of the S&H box mockup makes me wonder what engine came inside the 1:1 television show's car. I would've bet it to be 351 Windsor, but the box art's engine looks too tiny for a 351 to my eye! (Granted, it's just a mockup of the model and its box art, so the final product could be different).

They both look great.

But, I agree the tops of the doors seem to rise toward the rear quarter windows, which seem too highly placed. But, hey. It's a test shot. I'll wait until I see the actual kit.

This is gonna be a good one!! And the '14 Stingray . . . can't wait!