Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newest Member to My Shelby Blue Crew!

Platerpants

They are back with this. 2015 Mustang, Ill shelby it up the best i can. Itll be a quick build. Remember blurry pics on workbench smooth pictures for underglass.

Starting off with a reminder of what the blue crew contains at the moment.

PA280015.jpg?t=1351436220What im going for look wise

med_gallery_26242_2159_27088.jpg

What i have so far... It got to pose with my favorite shelby of all time the 67 GT500 428

securedownload_zps6f9d460b.jpg

securedownload1_zps85bfcfbb.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Thanks Y'all. Got her primed so now to figure some stuff out. Has a spoiler from 2004-14 GT. I found from one of my other shelby kits. Picture is sideways but youll understand.... I Hope... Also side windows turned into body panels. The 5.0 Badges were sanded off and wheels painted a dark metalic silver almost black.

securedownload_zps7b76dd62.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Thanks again guys, freshly painted body now to wait for the paint to dry... In case anyone has ever wondered the color i use on my collection its sapphire blue metallic rattle can from testors cap code 1639 and every single car has this paint. The only thing is no matter where i go on my property i can never find a dust free spot to paint..... securedownload_zps6ebeb2fb.jpg

Ok guys Im off work today and tomorrow so this and the mini trucks will get some attention. Starting off a few pictures under natural sunlight. (wait sunlight in ohio? whats happening there?) This is the basic look minus the stripes, headlights and final details. I think all the motor oil im around has blurred my phone's camera permanently.

IMG_20140726_100718_zps8c8ccd81.jpgIMG_20140726_100745_zps16313d51.jpgIMG_20140726_100801_zps1a694b4f.jpg

Took a break from figuring out my headlights and designed some stripes for the bad boy. Seeing how i didnt have any racing stripes handy. So i made some on the computer using a blue line in paint for the middle and skinnier ones for the edges i then printed the stripes onto white decal paper. Got some trimming to do with them when they cure to the body.

10177951_897387466957850_102858603501283