Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Well , it's the 4th week of 80 degree weather and the garden in taking shape . Planted tomatoes ( 3 kinds ) , bell pepper , banana pepper , yellow sweet corn ,  egg plant , red serrano pepper , basil , cilantro , parsley , dill , celery , spinach ,( lemon & lime trees from last year ), and cucumber . When it all starts to bear fruit I'm going to be busy , but happy. Start going to ball games again tonight , local mixed league , and really enjoying the outdoor season .

Edited by oldnslow

15 minutes ago, D. Battista said:

Thats good to hear too Vince.... !

Sounds great Vince, as I have a 4 1/2 year old grandson that I play Hot Wheels with, and maybe when he's about six years old I'll try to introduce him to model car building. Whether he takes to it or not I really don't care as it is MY hobby that I had started back in the mid-50's and still enjoy it today.

1 hour ago, High octane said:

Sounds great Vince, as I have a 4 1/2 year old grandson that I play Hot Wheels with, and maybe when he's about six years old I'll try to introduce him to model car building. Whether he takes to it or not I really don't care as it is MY hobby that I had started back in the mid-50's and still enjoy it today.

Yea he has been playing with snap stuff and we went hobby shopping and since I'm building military now that's what he wants to do too. We found an old monogram 1/48 Huey helicopter he just had to have and for $5 he had a thousand dollars worth of fun he glued and painted for the first time not the prettiest but he's prouder than a peacock that he did it him self! Took me an hour to cleanup the paint off the table (wife wasn't happy) but hey no big deal he had fun!!!

Vince

50 minutes ago, vintagedragcrazy said:

Yea he has been playing with snap stuff and we went hobby shopping and since I'm building military now that's what he wants to do too. We found an old monogram 1/48 Huey helicopter he just had to have and for $5 he had a thousand dollars worth of fun he glued and painted for the first time not the prettiest but he's prouder than a peacock that he did it him self! Took me an hour to cleanup the paint off the table (wife wasn't happy) but hey no big deal he had fun!!!

Vince

That is the "greatest gift" you can give your children and grand children is YOUR time.

The model car club I belong to, Florida Auto & Scale Trucks FAST, did a model display at the Marion County Tax Collector car show today.  Nine of us showed up to erect our canopy, sign, tables, and put out our wares.  We also got to enjoy looking at the 1:1 cars in the sunny 85 degree day.

here's a Photobucket link that I hope works.    http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/FLAFAST2011/library/2018 Marion County Tax Collector?sort=3&page=1

4 hours ago, crazyjim said:

The model car club I belong to, Florida Auto & Scale Trucks FAST, did a model display at the Marion County Tax Collector car show today.  Nine of us showed up to erect our canopy, sign, tables, and put out our wares.  We also got to enjoy looking at the 1:1 cars in the sunny 85 degree day.

here's a Photobucket link that I hope works.    http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/FLAFAST2011/library/2018 Marion County Tax Collector?sort=3&page=1

Hard to see the photos will all the ads on the screen, however from what I saw it looked like a nice club display.

10 hours ago, Xingu said:

I may be one of the few people that actually like foggy/overcast mornings.

fog-1.jpg

Just wonderful.  In the wee hours, letting the dogs from the leash (law here) to run and sniff freely through the woods behind my house and to enjoy myself,  the freedom of having time to enjoy.

Great.