Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

Well , been here in Chicago for a few days with about a week to go . Daughter lives in Lincoln Park near the lake . Walked there yesterday . I remember why they call Chicago the Windy City . Pretty windy and cold but I enjoyed it . Paid 30 bucks for a dozen donuts ! What the heck ? Today my wife and I are taking the el to meet my daughter for lunch . Wish me luck !  This week I will be seeing a friend of 50 years and also a couple of cousins . It’s colder than Phoenix but having a good time . 

Chicago was named the Windy City because in the early years the politicians were a bunch of windbags, and not much has changed since.

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Took the el downtown to have lunch with our daughter . Took the subway home . It was cold but we had a good time despite the weather . 

Just remember, that I didn't make it cold in Chicagoland. Of course you already knew that coming here in the month of March.

Pretty stoked. Snagged some pre-sale tickets to see Alice Cooper in August. Lucked out and got great seats too.

I've seen Alice numerous times over the years, the first time being 1990 on the Trash tour.

THis time, I'm taking my kids. Daughter will be 11, the boy will be 14.

My daughter loves Alice! Along with the usual dance pop nonsense the kids are into these days, she also plays the Trash almbum all the time.

:)

So I’m still visiting my daughter here in Chicago . Since today was St. Patty’s day we had to go watch them dye the river green and walk around downtown . We walked about 8 miles and I have to tell you I never saw so many people and traffic and police in my life ! It was so hard to get around . All the food places were packed and noisy as long get out. Not something this 66 year old enjoys at all . However , spending the day with my wife and daughter was worth it . 

On 3/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, cobraman said:

So I’m still visiting my daughter here in Chicago . Since today was St. Patty’s day we had to go watch them dye the river green and walk around downtown . We walked about 8 miles and I have to tell you I never saw so many people and traffic and police in my life ! It was so hard to get around . All the food places were packed and noisy as long get out. Not something this 66 year old enjoys at all . However , spending the day with my wife and daughter was worth it . 

St. Patrick's Day is a "big" event here in Chicago, so it's a given that there will be huge crowds of people, lots of vehicles, and police too. As the day wears on there will be plenty of drunks too.

14 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Today is my 17th birthday and I spent it working with my friend on his old square body Chevy and then I worked on some model cars. I couldn’t ask for a better day.

Sounds like a good day! Happy B day

18 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Today is my 17th birthday and I spent it working with my friend on his old square body Chevy and then I worked on some model cars. I couldn’t ask for a better day.

Happy birthday a day late.

Spring is finally here in Charlotte, 72 yesterday, 78 today and supposed to be at least 65 every day for the next week. I could do without the tree pollen but it is that time of year. I hope to get some bodies painted in the next couple of days!