Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Dan, excellent pics and thank you for posting.  Moreover, even though you're recovering from a really dangerous infliction, it's good you get off your butt and let that good dog go about his ways.  He deserves as good as life can give him, and by golly he looks like he's loving it. 

Yes, if you avoid it, no city  is a good thing.  There is nothing I can think of at this time that could draw me to a big city.  I'm a small town type.  Your wilder outlook, where you live, is probably the best choice if you know to survive.

Respect.

Today I got an old Briggs and Stratton flathead single cylinder running. I am super happy because the person I bought it off said that it was seized and won’t run. All I did was pull the head off clean the piston, head, valves, put a new spark plug in and poure some fuel down the carb and it fired up. 

4E6FFAC6-D0DA-445D-9F2D-B828258F3AB6.png

48 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

Today I got an old Briggs and Stratton flathead single cylinder running. I am super happy because the person I bought it off said that it was seized and won’t run. All I did was pull the head off clean the piston, head, valves, put a new spark plug in and poure some fuel down the carb and it fired up. 

EXCELLENT. You reminded me of me when I got my first "dead" engine started. It's a great feeling. :D

12 hours ago, High octane said:

Wow, that 440 looks like it has seen much better days. Good luck with it.

Thanks I will need all the luck I can get. The car it is in (78 Newyorker) was last registered in 2001 and the person I bought it off of had it running 2 years ago. The only problem is the ignition isn’t sending power to the starter so all I should have to do bypass the ignition (Hotwire it). 

On 4/23/2018 at 1:27 AM, dieseldawg142 said:

IMG_1737_opt.jpg.ddd397cf8ae0437522013e104467325f.jpg

road was quite wet and mucky from the high water run-off, had to ford three creeks, and the road seemed to have gotten a little narrower, but no challenge for the crew...

It must have been hard to "ford" the creeks in a Chevy :rolleyes:  If it was me I would "dodge" them all! :D

4 hours ago, cobraman said:

Great ! Now I'm hungry !

1 hour ago, Jim N said:

Geez Vince, that's not fair.  I almost put a post in the "Irked" thread about seeing pictures of your feast.  All kidding aside, I hope it was as good as the pictures look.

Sorry Ray! And yes it was Jim might have been even better than it looked! Thinking about a piece of salmon I have in the freezer! Lol

vince

Yesterday I got over one of my fears of driving over a bridge (I’m 17 and just got my drivers license last year) and spent the hole day driving.

I also got two transaxle for my race mower for free from the guy the puts on the lawnmower races. 

On 4/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I was finally able to get into the garage and clear the detritus of winter off of the workbench.

I can build again! Somewhere not the kitchen table! i don't have to pack up every day when I'm done!

20180425_204006.jpg

Dan! You build kit guitars???

I have been collecting Cobra"s for over 20 years. Last week I found a Cobra model kit on ebay that I have never seen. I put out a bid and was sure I would get sniped but after the week I was the only bidder and won . Very pleased to find and win a Cobra model I have never seen in all my years of looking. Pics when it arrives. Add another to the collection !

On 4/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, OldTrucker said:

Dan! You build kit guitars???

I've done a couple of kits, but I mainly buy cheap guitars on EBay, or Kijiji, or at garage sales, or wherever, then bring them back to life.

Strip them to the wood, repair the body, repaint, new hardware and electronics, refret if necessary, etc. I like to refer to it as guitar restomodding!

I do it mainly for my own stuff, but I've done a couple of consignments for friends and referrals.

On the bench right now are a late 80s BC Rich ST-III, an early 90s BC Rich ST Rave, late 80s BC Rich Warlock, mid-90s Squier Stagemaster, and a headless than I'm building from scratch, modeled after a Steinberger.

:)