Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Over a year ago, my original 1970 Auto World catalog vanished into thin air---just days after I'd been looking at it. Tore the house up for two days looking for it, no joy. I'd come to the conclusion that The Lovely Mrs. Snake had thrown it out thinking it was an old phone book, or just a piece of junk mail. 

Today it simply reappeared, back in perfect condition from whatever alternate dimension it had hiding in for a year. I'm SO glad I never did actually accuse TLMS of anything. I'm even GLADDER that IT'S BACK! What a fabulous "back in the day" reference! B)

Been a good weekend so far as I attended a model car club meeting on Friday night, and won a new model kit, then to Hooters for some wings. This morning my buddy and I attended a car show/open house at a local auto restoration shop with lots of cars, great people, good food and desserts too. Went out to dinner with my better half tonight also.

Okay, funny story.  I did not rehire the landscaping company that mowed my lawn last year because of some issues.

Five of my neighbors agree and one of the guys is bidding out the six lawn package.

Then I get home yesterday and somebody mowed my lawn.  They didn't mow the one on either side of me (also part of the package deal). Nobody has come forward to admit they mowed the lawn!  

19 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Today I got my mower out in the sun for some pics. I am on the final stretch with it as I only have a handful of things to do before race day which is only 8 days away. 

She looks good. Hope you win. Like that radioactive logo, too.  :D

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

She looks good. Hope you win. Like that radioactive logo, too.  :D

Thanks Ace. I will hopefully be doing a test run tomorrow and if all is good I will post it here and if not after a bit of yelling and screaming I will post something in what irked you today. The radio active looking thing is my cooling fan that I painted last year. It looks cool like that but when it spins it looks like it is pink or red

Edited by 426 pack

On 5/10/2018 at 6:41 AM, iamsuperdan said:

It's raining. I love the rain.

Wish I was out camping/hiking in it though.

You could have had every drop we got this last week, I'm getting tired of working In it, flat out down pour a few times.

6 minutes ago, cowboy rich said:

You could have had every drop we got this last week, I'm getting tired of working In it, flat out down pour a few times.

I wish we could! It's crazy dry right now. Fire bans all over the place. Going to be a tough summer for forest fires and brush fires if we don't get some moisture.

in the meantime, I'm enjoying the sun, and my shorts, and my flip flops!

7 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I wish we could! It's crazy dry right now. Fire bans all over the place. Going to be a tough summer for forest fires and brush fires if we don't get some moisture.

in the meantime, I'm enjoying the sun, and my shorts, and my flip flops!

Yeah our fire season went be to good either it was a dry winter and as for the rain the amount is pretty normal it's just coming in drown you spurts, and I work outside most of the time.

I'm probably the only one complaining as our wheat farmers are loving it

Today I took my mower out for a test run with the new transaxle and a 1” smaller rear pulley and it was a noticeable faster.

I have 5 days till race day and only a few more things to do.

So I am very Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (My mom is not happy that it goes faster) 

Did NOT get a ton of bench time in this weekend. Plus 25 temps and sun mean I'm outside! Got a bit of hiking in, got a lot of BBQing in, got the firepit fired up. Good times.

Daughter also competed in a big Ukranian dance festival over the weekend. Two performances, two gold medals. She does NOT get her dance skills from me.

:)

Today was day one of the mower racing (just a show n shine) and my mower is in ready with only one or two small things to do (It started smoking and smelled like fire) but it was only one of the guide pulley not wanting to turn. I’m super excited!!!!! I just have to make sure that it can stay together this weekend.

6F7AAF23-2DF3-4A22-BCC4-4DFED83A7327.jpeg

A39C419B-3709-4245-9296-E4210BF718BE.png

Got home from our trip to Arizona last night and was pleased to see that we had over 5" of rain while we were away.  More rain is in the forecast.

What a great trip we had visiting Phoenix, Sedona, Jerome, Clarkdale, Winslow, Williams, Prescott,  and maybe a few other places that I don't remember.  Now we have to go through all the pics we took.

it's nice to go away but fantastic to get back home.

8 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Got home from our trip to Arizona last night and was pleased to see that we had over 5" of rain while we were away.  More rain is in the forecast.

What a great trip we had visiting Phoenix, Sedona, Jerome, Clarkdale, Winslow, Williams, Prescott,  and maybe a few other places that I don't remember.  Now we have to go through all the pics we took.

it's nice to go away but fantastic to get back home.

I love Sedona . We plan to go up there again this coming spring. I have family in Prescott and go there a few times each year. Glad you had a good time. I hope you will post some pics.

One thing I do miss about Arizona was the drive on 89/89A from Wickenburg to Flag via Prescott, Jerome and Sedona..  when the traffic was light...great scenery, great curves and little towns. 

Though I am totally enjoying exploring Ohio after being gone over 20 years..

IMG-1871.JPG

IMG-1870.JPG

Today was the final day of the mower racing and my mower only had two big problems that I got fixed fairly easy (one problem was that the back tire came of the axle because the C clip broke). I didn’t win but I came in 5th out of 16 mower which isn’t to bad for not having major engine mods.

the tire that you can see behind my mower is mine that came off during the race (I was in 2nd place at the time) 3416F520-018C-4C67-9A40-46FE9771EDE9.thumb.png.f301c254ae4e98935c536f6de1e58717.png

I ended up completing the corner and was going to try finishing the last few laps but the axle hit the ground and pulled me to the in felled. I did end up getting crowd pleasers award because of it though. 

668820D0-A448-4681-A4D5-93399A591CDF.thumb.png.f3ca7b8ff8bc027118cfb8712582593c.png

Here are a couple more pics from the races.C5BA4187-58A5-4872-A62F-107F11685889.png.d19febb70053dc7e00c844c0a22cb894.png27FB8548-DDE8-49A2-BF81-FE7DA535A1F4.png.f0d4ba2f7977c094b20b1565e1cebcc1.png

and finally a couple of othe mowers that I liked.

A model T rat rod mower biult out of a wheel barrow 

85B0DA1D-B97F-4FC8-9998-D473F4726818.thumb.jpeg.fe85c9060f8c80821031525449e34643.jpeg

A purpuse biult puller with Nitrous12D9BBB0-A1AA-4021-AF27-E6C78DC63371.thumb.jpeg.b6cb8ce76b37c2e2df8693039bd78948.jpeg.

Edited by 426 pack

• 2 weeks later...