Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

This afternoon I got a young fella lined up to mow my yard while I'm laid up from my upcoming surgery. He's a grandson of an old classmate of my wife. His dad brought him to the house since he's only 15 and can't drive yet. Spent about 45 minutes just chatting with the two of them.

The boy seems very conscientious and hard working. He mows several yards in town. His dad treated him with respect and even let the boy decide how much to charge me. His price was 5 dollars more than I had figured it would cost, but after meeting the two of them I had no problem accepting his price. I'll gladly pay a little more to a kid willing to work hard. I also appreciated the fact that his dad had that much interest in him.

That's one thing I won't have bothering me while I'm laid up for 8 weeks.

Edited by smhardesty

7 hours ago, smhardesty said:

This afternoon I got a young fella lined up to mow my yard while I'm laid up from my upcoming surgery. He's a grandson of an old classmate of my wife. His dad brought him to the house since he's only 15 and can't drive yet. Spent about 45 minutes just chatting with the two of them.

The boy seems very conscientious and hard working. He mows several yards in town. His dad treated him with respect and even let the boy decide how much to charge me. His price was 5 dollars more than I had figured it would cost, but after meeting the two of them I had no problem accepting his price. I'll gladly pay a little more to a kid willing to work hard. I also appreciated the fact that his dad had that much interest in him.

That's one thing I won't have bothering me while I'm laid up for 8 weeks.

Glad to hear that you have that taken care of and sounds like you've made a good choice. I huff & puff too much so I no longer mow the lawn or plow/shovel snow, and my wife and daughter has insisted that I stop these chores. I've been doin' them for so long I hate to give them up, but I guess i gotta. Oh well. So far we've been lucky to find someone to do these chores at a reasonable price.

I know many of you live in areas that are similar to this, but I am from a very congested suburb of Washington, DC and don't get to see this very often.

11,000 feet, clean air, 65°F and very few people. Beartooth Pass in Montana.

BearToothPass-1a.jpg

4 hours ago, High octane said:

I huff & puff too much so I no longer mow the lawn or plow/shovel snow, and my wife and daughter has insisted that I stop these chores. I've been doin' them for so long I hate to give them up, but I guess i gotta. Oh well. So far we've been lucky to find someone to do these chores at a reasonable price.

I'm right there with you. I not only huff and puff, this stupid heart problem causes me to pass out. My wife is all over me to stop doing a bunch of stuff, but I'm having a hard time sitting in the house while somebody I hired is outside doing the work.

5 hours ago, Xingu said:

I know many of you live in areas that are similar to this, but I am from a very congested suburb of Washington, DC and don't get to see this very often.

11,000 feet, clean air, 65°F and very few people. Beartooth Pass in Montana.

I've been there a few times.

Spent some time in Red Lodge too.

On your way to Yellowstone?

I've covered that stretch of road with the kids in an SUV, in a convertible sports car & on a motorcycle.

It's a little hairy on a bike! :D

What route are using for your return?

There is another gorgeous scenic highway going south east of Cook City to Cody called the Chief Joseph Highway.

Every bit as beautiful as the Bear Tooth Highway.

And then if you continue South East, you can go through the Big Horn Mountains along the Cloud Peak Skyway to Buffalo & then on to the Black Hills & the Badlands of South Dakota along Interstate 90.

And don't forget to stop at Wall Drug in the Badlands! :rolleyes:

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I've been there a few times.

Spent some time in Red Lodge too.

On your way to Yellowstone?

I've covered that stretch of road with the kids in an SUV, in a convertible sports car & on a motorcycle.

It's a little hairy on a bike! :D

What route are using for your return?

There is another gorgeous scenic highway going south east of Cook City to Cody called the Chief Joseph Highway.

Every bit as beautiful as the Bear Tooth Highway.

And then if you continue South East, you can go through the Big Horn Mountains along the Cloud Peak Skyway to Buffalo & then on to the Black Hills & the Badlands of South Dakota along Interstate 90.

And don't forget to stop at Wall Drug in the Badlands! :rolleyes:

Steve

Visiting friends in Billings. Went in thru the pass, came out thru Clark, Wyoming and went back to Billings. Wife and I are looking for land to build a house with a view of the mountains. Hard to find a spot isolated enough with electric nearby.

16 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Scored a pair of tickets to see The Cult on Friday.

Been a huge of theirs since the 80s.

:)

Cool...B)

I've been lovin' The Cult since the 80's too.. Never forget when I heard "Lil Devil" on MTV for the 1st time around 87.  That was my first exposure and I went straight out and bought the cassette tape and wore it out.

While looking under the work bench for a lost part that bounced away I found a 20 dollar bill!!!

The bad part is I never found the part AND now I have to apologize to the wife because she really did put that 20 on the bench when she came back from shopping two months ago!!!

Guess the fan blew it off the bench.:huh:

8 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Cool...B)

I've been lovin' The Cult since the 80's too.. Never forget when I heard "Lil Devil" on MTV for the 1st time around 87.  That was my first exposure and I went straight out and bought the cassette tape and wore it out.

8 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Cool...been a fan since the 80s also..never seen them.

The first time I saw them was back in 1988. They were opening for Metallica on the Damaged Justice tour. I thought it was great! But the crowd did not care for them, and booed and threw stuff at them. After three songs, Ian said "you guys are a f-ing waste of time," threw down his mic and walked off stage. The band played for another minute or so, then they left too. 

Luckily, they didn't hold it against Edmonton. I've since seen them every time they've come back. This will be interesting, as it's a smaller venue. A venue MY played a couple of decades ago.

Going to be great. :)

Great weekend. Kicked off Friday with the private concert by The Cult. What an amazing show. Played for 90 minutes, solid mix of old and new songs.

20180713_213653.jpg

20180713_213707.jpg

Followed that up with some drag racing. Rocky Mountain Nationals. 

20180714_180637.jpg

20180714_220302.jpg

And got some bench time in.

20180714_154731.jpg

20180714_155740.jpg

Today, I plan on doing absolutely nothing.

:)

My Aussie hurt herself (most likely playing with one of my other three dogs) so I called the vet.  She was limping on a front paw as well as had that old man walk (that I myself know and do too often).  It was almost the end of their day and she was able to lay comfortably so I asked if they had an appointment the next day.  Will 10:30a work?  Absolutely!  I gave her an anti-inflammatory (took care of the limp) and she slept through the night.

I can call my vet (we recently changed as the other one was farther away but they knew how to treat greyhounds which both have passed) and get an appointment within half a day (either one would do this for me).  Call the family Dr (four in the practice), spewing from both ends like a fountain....we have an appointment a week from next Tuesday?

BTW.....Jamie is doing fine.  They gave her an Rx for the anti-inflammatory and a steroid shot.  Strained the muscles in the middle of her back.  

1 hour ago, HomerS said:

My Aussie hurt herself (most likely playing with one of my other three dogs) so I called the vet.  She was limping on a front paw as well as had that old man walk (that I myself know and do too often).  It was almost the end of their day and she was able to lay comfortably so I asked if they had an appointment the next day.  Will 10:30a work?  Absolutely!  I gave her an anti-inflammatory (took care of the limp) and she slept through the night.

I can call my vet (we recently changed as the other one was farther away but they knew how to treat greyhounds which both have passed) and get an appointment within half a day (either one would do this for me).  Call the family Dr (four in the practice), spewing from both ends like a fountain....we have an appointment a week from next Tuesday?

BTW.....Jamie is doing fine.  They gave her an Rx for the anti-inflammatory and a steroid shot.  Strained the muscles in the middle of her back.  

You mentioned your dogs strained back muscles. We had a similar problem with our Lab years ago. Poor guy could hardly walk and lifting his leg was imposable. We took him to an animal Chiropractor. When we arrived I had to lift him out of our car. The Chiropractor did his thing and our Lab was ready to party as always immediately after the adjustment. I went from laughing at my wife's suggestion to being a firm believer.   

36 minutes ago, espo said:

You mentioned your dogs strained back muscles. We had a similar problem with our Lab years ago. Poor guy could hardly walk and lifting his leg was imposable. We took him to an animal Chiropractor. When we arrived I had to lift him out of our car. The Chiropractor did his thing and our Lab was ready to party as always immediately after the adjustment. I went from laughing at my wife's suggestion to being a firm believer.   

I have an uncle that is a chiropractor.  I have TMJ and read on line of people getting relief from treatment so I reached out.  After watching the 20 minute demo with the cut outs in his office and big words sailing WAY over my head (I was a solid D- student, with the curve in high school Zoology) I gave it try.  The sounds were creepy and was hoping I wasn't going to need a helper monkey the rest of my life as he adjusted me.  It took several treatments but it did work.