Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I took my family out to dinner tonight and we went to one of our favorite places not too far from home and on the waterfront. Everybody enjoyed their meal and my 4 year old grandson is behaving like a 5 year old which will be next week. He behaved very well and ate fairly well and was content with coloring when not eating. I'm a "happy camper."

I attended the CKM Annual Show & Swap Meet yesterday. First the back story and then a picture.  I have been going to the CKM show for the past several years, I won a trophy for best short track there in 2008.  Anyway a couple of years ago a man and his 8 year old son came by my sales table.  I asked the man if he was teaching his son to build models.  He replied, Yes, but only snap kits so far.  I had an AMT 55 Corvette snap-kit in my sales box so I gave it to the kid.  I have given out cheap kits a couple of times to other kids.  At yesterday's show a man and his kid came by the table looked through my stuff and left.  A little while later they came back by and the man asked if I had been here a couple of years ago.  When I replied I had, he reminded me of giving his boy that Corvette.  The boy had built it and entered it in another show last year and won best Junior under 11 with it.  He also had it at this show along with an Ecto Ghostbusters kit.  The Corvette did not win but his Ecto got Best Junior under 11.  Here is a picture of that Corvette.

20180825_115809.jpg

18 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

I attended the CKM Annual Show & Swap Meet yesterday. First the back story and then a picture.  I have been going to the CKM show for the past several years, I won a trophy for best short track there in 2008.  Anyway a couple of years ago a man and his 8 year old son came by my sales table.  I asked the man if he was teaching his son to build models.  He replied, Yes, but only snap kits so far.  I had an AMT 55 Corvette snap-kit in my sales box so I gave it to the kid.  I have given out cheap kits a couple of times to other kids.  At yesterday's show a man and his kid came by the table looked through my stuff and left.  A little while later they came back by and the man asked if I had been here a couple of years ago.  When I replied I had, he reminded me of giving his boy that Corvette.  The boy had built it and entered it in another show last year and won best Junior under 11 with it.  He also had it at this show along with an Ecto Ghostbusters kit.  The Corvette did not win but his Ecto got Best Junior under 11.  Here is a picture of that Corvette.

20180825_115809.jpg

That's a wonderful story!!

My day went well.  Got out my tension by sawing down two nasty bushes that had been on my list awhile.  Then once I worked up a sweat, I went in the pool for the afternoon and sipped beers!  After that we went to our favorite pub for dinner.  Can't beat today!   :D

Went to an airshow yesterday for the first time in about 15 years.  I took my wife and son.  It was their first time to see an airshow.  Saw the Blue Angels fly.  What a treat!

The Thunderbirds fly in Wichita in a couple of weeks.  Both of them are thinking we should drive to see that show.  

When George Strait sang 'Amarillo By Morning', he was not shipping an envelope from Cincinnati via UPS Ground!  I know they have their high-tech systems, but it just doesn't seem that efficient when it stopped four times and still had not made Amarillo.  (I apologize if I got that song stuck in your head now).

Vernon,  TX,  United States            07/20/2018     8:53 A.M.  Arrival Scan

Wichita Falls,  TX,  United States  07/20/2018     7:27 A.M.  Departure Scan

07/20/2018    5:47 A.M.   Arrival Scan

Mesquite,  TX,  United States        07/20/2018    3:29 A.M.   Departure Scan

Mesquite,  TX,  United States        07/19/2018   10:52 P.M.  Arrival Scan

Nashville,  TN,  United States        07/19/2018   10:04 A.M.  Departure Scan

07/19/2018      7:16 A.M.  Arrival Scan

Sharonville,  OH,  United States    07/19/2018      3:32 A.M.  Departure Scan

Sharonville,  OH,  United States    07/18/2018      7:12 P.M.   Origin Scan

United States    07/18/2018      3:58 P.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I start my new job at Hyundai Power Transformers on Tuesday. I got let go from my previous one because I was the unfortunate victim of racism and I had to self defend myself. They have a zero tolerance policy, so both of us got let go. But my new job is a LOT less stressful, pays a LOT more, and has very good benefits. So, I'm very eager to get back to work after being out of work for almost a month. 

7 hours ago, metalhead said:

I start my new job at Hyundai Power Transformers on Tuesday. I got let go from my previous one because I was the unfortunate victim of racism and I had to self defend myself. They have a zero tolerance policy, so both of us got let go. But my new job is a LOT less stressful, pays a LOT more, and has very good benefits. So, I'm very eager to get back to work after being out of work for almost a month. 

Good luck to you on your new job. It sounds like everything turned out for the better for you. 

While I was sick yesterday and had three car events to attend, I stayed home. However this morning I hit the ground running and attended a car show with 'bout 200 cars and saw a lot of guys I already new, and met a couple new ones also. It was a great time. I have cruise nights to attend on Mon., Tues., and Wed. and I hope that this tired old body can keep up the pace. LOL!

Octane,you took the words right out of my mouth.I hate being tired and not be able to attend a car show.But then you feel great,and you hit as many shows you can.I can go to a cruise night from Tuesday to very early Sunday,near Robert Mossss beach.But with that show,you've got to get down there no later than 7am,then there's no parking.I went once,but no thanks,I'll just stay in bed.And they meet all year round.But over by me on LI,it's been raining on and off,since Thursday.Hopefully it will clear up this week.And it's actually getting a little cooler out too.Ahhhhhh.No humidity,again,might as well be in Florida..

15 hours ago, slusher said:

A very cool cloudy day a little taste of fall today and the return of football....

You said it,great weather coming our way.No more summer.Anyway,I'm very pleased that my 2000 Jeep Cherokee passed inspection with no problems.Its amazing,it's all computers now.I had a check engine light,the mechanic cleared my computer,plugged in a few more things,and gave me my inspection sticker.And now by re adjusting the computer,the car is running better.

13 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

You said it,great weather coming our way.No more summer.Anyway,I'm very pleased that my 2000 Jeep Cherokee passed inspection with no problems.Its amazing,it's all computers now.I had a check engine light,the mechanic cleared my computer,plugged in a few more things,and gave me my inspection sticker.And now by re adjusting the computer,the car is running better.

Sounds great! So many things to be thankful for each and every day. Like starting the day by waking up, many people would love to have an extra day.....

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea and getting a car inspected isn't the biggest deal ever.There are much more important things to be pleased about.Like ,making sure you,your family and friends,are all doing ok.

A good inspection with a helpful person is something to be pleased about. My point is there is always many things daily friend to be happy about....

I got all new tires on the Buick Lacrosse yesterday.  New alignment too.  My local garage is also a tire dealer so I bought them from him. He's honest and I enjoy patronizing his shop.  Even if I could've gotten the tires somewhere else cheaper.  He told me he'll keep track of the rotations and do it whenever necessary.  Same with flats, just bring the car in.  

It had been riding poorly,  that snow tire effect.  My guy advised me that the tires were worn bad due to bad alignments both front and rear.  He says it rides like a dream now.  Now I cannot wait to hit the Turnpike tomorrow to check out the new ride!