Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Just got back from a long weekend at the 5th annual Ozark Mountains Jeep Jamboree. Unbelievably beautiful countryside. Vehicle registration was capped at 65 vehicles. There were 150 registered participants from 12 different states. The park had 850 acres. We got to meet so many great people and the hosts at the Byrd's Adventure Center did an outstanding job providing trail guides and feeding everyone far more than we should have eaten. They also provided local entertainers every night around a giant camp fire. If you're into Wheel'n and own a Jeep it is an event that should not be missed.     

Fall is lawn rejuvenation time here in the Carolinas and last weekend I did my heavy yard work in preparation for it. Now I have a couple of weekends where no yard work is needed as I am waiting for the grass seed to grow and fill in the bare spots so I spent several hours at the workbench. In addition to getting a few WIPs done, I also have moved a few more closer to the completed point and also took time to look over my 64 Dodge CrewCab kit from The Modelhaus. Lots of good stuff today, if it would only cool off and get the dew point down to a normal level so I could get some bodies painted!

10 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Fall is lawn rejuvenation time here in the Carolinas and last weekend I did my heavy yard work in preparation for it. Now I have a couple of weekends where no yard work is needed as I am waiting for the grass seed to grow and fill in the bare spots so I spent several hours at the workbench. In addition to getting a few WIPs done, I also have moved a few more closer to the completed point and also took time to look over my 64 Dodge CrewCab kit from The Modelhaus. Lots of good stuff today, if it would only cool off and get the dew point down to a normal level so I could get some bodies painted!

I know what you mean still summer here in West Tn and near record high temps...

Just miss getting the lawn mowed Friday since I had to run here and there. We have finally started to get some much needed rain. The general area has been listed as being in a drought all summer and the most extreme drought area has included where I live. I can't water the lawn enough to keep it from getting bad spots everywhere and many of my neighbors lawns are all but gone. WE have gotten more than 4 inches in the last 24 hours and it looks as if we will have at least two more days of the same. That is more rain than we have seen all summer. You bet I'm happy about that. After the rain stops it's aeration time and then over seeding. 

It's been a rainy, soggy summer here in Eastern Pa.  There is a meme on Facebook that says it only rained here twice this summer... once for 45 days and once for 30 days.  And that's pretty accurate.  My yard has been one big sponge, to the point that the grass is getting overtaken by the mud. 

I had wanted to get some yard chores done since I had no obligations this weekend, but it drizzled all day yesterday (so I got in some bench time!) and today it was hot and very humid.  My wife and I took a walk and came home sweaty from just that!   

Went and saw the movie 'Bullitt' at my local theatre yesterday, it is having a 50th anniversary theatrical limited re-release.  I've seen the movie at least a dozen times on TV and own a DVD of it, but was fun to see on the big screen.   Before the movie, instead of the usual movie trailers, was a Ford promotional video for the new '19 Mustang Bullitt.

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Went and saw the movie 'Bullitt' at my local theatre yesterday, it is having a 50th anniversary theatrical limited re-release.  I've seen the movie at least a dozen times on TV and own a DVD of it, but was fun to see on the big screen.   Before the movie, instead of the usual movie trailers, was a Ford promotional video for the new '19 Mustang Bullitt.

That would be a very cool idea.Wondering if they are playing the movie anywhere near me.I'll have to look.Like u,I saw the movie many times,but only on TV..I would love to see it on the big screen.

4 hours ago, espo said:

Going to see it locally here next week. I was surprised when my wife said she has never seen it. I will be dragging her along.  

My wife has never seen it either, and I won't be changing that. I can do pretty much what I want, but I've learned not to expect too much companionship on some of my treks.

4 hours ago, smhardesty said:

My wife has never seen it either, and I won't be changing that. I can do pretty much what I want, but I've learned not to expect too much companionship on some of my treks.

I don't take my wife to the movies when I see the Fast & Furious movies as she's NOT a car person.

I used the expression "dragging my wife too see Bullitt" and that is somewhat of an exaggeration. We have been married, happily, for over 30 years. She had more than an average interest in cars when we first met. Thru the years she has become far more knowledgeable of the workings of the automobile and along with myself became a very big NASCAR fan along with other forms of racing. She "dragged me" to see one of her WO WO movies the other night and I sat thru it and didn't complain, I had to work really hard to stay awake, but didn't complain. She has heard me talk about the chase scene in the movie and may have also seen snippets of it. She'll go to find what I have talked about so often.  The "Dragging" part is to let each other know that we understand the other doesn't care about something but you really want them to see it. I don't think she will fall asleep though.      

Ah,you live in AZ,so I guess you guys do need rain.Do you have shows and cruise nights all year long with the warm weather?Cause here in NY,it's just starting to get a little chilly out.We usually have shows up until the first week in November.Then it's a long cold winter,till next spring.