Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

57 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hmmmm....

I never said memory was my strong suit Tom but  I did check my driver's license this morning then used a calculator to figure out how old I am.I came up with 76 three times out of 5 so I'll stick with that for now.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:24 PM, HomerS said:

This weekend is My Furry Valentine.  It's a massive animal adoption event at the convention center of rescues and shelters throughout the area showcasing some 800 plus animals looking for a home.  Some shelters host satellite adoption events as well.  Leaving work early tomorrow to help a couple rescues set up and working one of the booths on Sunday.  The wife was suppose to come up but the polar extremes in the weather lately has her not feeling well.  She SAID it was to help but I told I thought it was to ensure I didn't come home with dog number 5.  

646 animals found a home this weekend....none of them were added to my household

I had taken today off to go to the Chicago Auto Show before getting hit Sunday and the appraiser from my insurance company stopped by this morning and estimated the body damage at around $1k, not sure on the mechanical end until somebody starts dismantling the car. The visit was early enough that I was able to catch a Metra train into Chicago and a bus from the train station to the McCormack Place for $10 combined.  Parking alone is around $20 if I drove and then there is fuel costs and the stress of driving down here. Way it's looking, I'll probably just do this again next year and plan on looking into doing this for any trips to the Museum of Science and Industry too!

What pleased me tonight is that my family and I got home safe from a trip to Disney World this week. My grandson really enjoyed the trip and is a real "trooper" at his age when it comes to flying on a commercial airline. It was great visiting Disney World, Jungle Land, and Hollywood Studios, but just too much walkin' for this old guy. It was kinda on our "bucket list" to take our grandson and daughter. Glad we brought a stroller as I don't think he could do all that walkin' either.

Got my car insurance bill last week...it went down.  Six months' insurance is now only $10 more than I was paying on a fourteen-year-old pickup.  Opened today's mail, and there's a refund check for the difference on the previous six months.  Not a huge amount, but it's better in my pocket than theirs...

19 hours ago, misterNNL said:

We woke up this morning to 4" of new snow and the sound of one of our dear neighbors snow blower running in our drive way as he cleaned everything out for us. Great people!

We got the same 4" you did, then it turned to rain over night.  We have a neighbor who loves to run his massive snow blower so he runs down the entire street clearing the sidewalk.  Our driveway melted over night so I had no work to do at all.

I'm on the committee at the office for giving back to the community.  One of the new additions for this year saw a flier for a local organization that takes the plastic grocery bags and makes mats for homeless and they are distributed locally.  A box was placed in the office outside the first floor break/vending area.  I saw the lady who suggested this and told her I know it's been emptied several times, but then she shared....she's empties the 4'x2'x'2 box EIGHT times.  Wow......I know we all have that stash of bags, but when asking 130 people of mostly young people, I didn't expect that!  We're collecting them through tomorrow (it was available all month)

Just now, JollySipper said:

I got to talk to my niece today. Today is her 16th birthday! She's on her way to a teen conference in Tennessee. Seems like just yesterday she was 15......... :D

Blink twice and she'll be 30!   Happened to me with my daughters!   My eldest went from riding in the back of our mini van to driving her own!