Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Sometimes it's the little things.   This week I started playing with my Dodge van camper.  I noticed that the top of the storage cabinet had no top on it. Just hollow!  So I decided to add a top to it. Then it needed something.... so out came a mouse trap.  I took it apart so I had the flat wood panel and scanned it.  Reduced the scan to 1/25 scale.. print.  Glued the print to plastic for depth. Made a wire snapper and added a silver bait holder.  Instant 1/25 scale mouse trap!    Took me maybe an hour.  Totally relaxing. Pleased with the results.

image.png.5b8741ecd4e089aa5baa5c256bc76fc0.png

34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Then why you need a trap ? :D

Ever vigilant!   

My daughter once told me she thought there was a mouse in the attic.

I told her to put a cheese curl on the attic floor and check the next day.  If it was gone she had a mouse.

Then add a mouse trap under the cheese curl!

She was pleased that the cheese curl got old and dusty!

4 hours ago, Deuces said:

I signed my life away for next 60 months....??

I bought a new 2019 CS/GT Mustang.... I will be picking it up on Monday.... I'll post pictures of it when I get it.... ?

I am sure your looking forward to it.....

Got my 200 back from the body shop today after they got done with the crash repairs from 6 weeks ago and had them do a little other work while they are on it.  The accident related work was a new fender and straightened door, then had them straighten a door ding from late 2015 and pain and install the new gas door I picked up from the dealership when they were done with the mechanical work (impact shattered the steering rack gears, and I tore up the clockspring before I realized that, plus it got new TRE's.

Here's the door and fender damage from the day of the wreck.
IMG_20190323_110957_406_zpslvtkqmvc.jpg
IMG_20190323_110957_407_zps6meqi1rl.jpg

The door ding caused by a careless customer at local grocery store, then the woman just drove off with my sister sitting in my car, never saying a word to her:angry:

20151112_122632_zpsxtnprwml.jpg

No pics that have the gas door in them, the hiunge was going bad and I had it replaced, then touchups in that part of the quarter and on the door ding.  Here's how it looks now"thumbsup"
20190323_103125_zpswiabqogm.jpg

3 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Got my 200 back from the body shop today after they got done with the crash repairs from 6 weeks ago and had them do a little other work while they are on it.  The accident related work was a new fender and straightened door, then had them straighten a door ding from late 2015 and pain and install the new gas door I picked up from the dealership when they were done with the mechanical work (impact shattered the steering rack gears, and I tore up the clockspring before I realized that, plus it got new TRE's.

Here's the door and fender damage from the day of the wreck.
IMG_20190323_110957_406_zpslvtkqmvc.jpg
IMG_20190323_110957_407_zps6meqi1rl.jpg

The door ding caused by a careless customer at local grocery store, then the woman just drove off with my sister sitting in my car, never saying a word to her:angry:

20151112_122632_zpsxtnprwml.jpg

No pics that have the gas door in them, the hiunge was going bad and I had it replaced, then touchups in that part of the quarter and on the door ding.  Here's how it looks now"thumbsup"
20190323_103125_zpswiabqogm.jpg

Hello fellow Illinoisan! Looks like they did a great job!

It must be Mopar repair day!   I got the NNL East Swag Van... my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Mark III high top back today!  

Last fall I had a brake line rust through and fail. At least it did so in my driveway, I went to use it and the pedal went to the floor.

So I took it up to my usual repair shop where I have a good relationship.  They were hesitant at first to repair it as making all those lines are a lot of billable hours. We put our heads together (and I tapped the resources of the model car community) and we figured out that all the rear lines, the rear proportioning valve and all the hoses were available through Rock Auto.  Most everything was Mopar OEM, and pretty cheap!    

My shop let the van sit there a while as we sorted all that out, then repaired it on shop downtime to get me out the door at a reasonable price!   And it's back in time to haul all the club owned materials to the show next month!

image.png.36367ef1b7958e67da8b86776c2a333f.png

Hopefully we are good for the next 203,000 miles!    Caravan smiling to be home again this afternoon!

image.thumb.png.f62f889c91f560d53e32957e2ee236e6.png

Caravan being loaded for NNL East last year!

53 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

It must be Mopar repair day!   I got the NNL East Swag Van... my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan Mark III high top back today!  

Last fall I had a brake line rust through and fail. At least it did so in my driveway, I went to use it and the pedal went to the floor.

So I took it up to my usual repair shop where I have a good relationship.  They were hesitant at first to repair it as making all those lines are a lot of billable hours. We put our heads together (and I tapped the resources of the model car community) and we figured out that all the rear lines, the rear proportioning valve and all the hoses were available through Rock Auto.  Most everything was Mopar OEM, and pretty cheap!    

My shop let the van sit there a while as we sorted all that out, then repaired it on shop downtime to get me out the door at a reasonable price!   And it's back in time to haul all the club owned materials to the show next month!

I did some digging around after losing the brakes on my XJ in January, found that Napa makes a full stainless hardline kit for all non-Bendix ABS XJ's (not sure about the '91 and later ABS systems) for less than $200?!

Just now, Joe Handley said:

I did some digging around after losing the brakes on my XJ in January, found that Napa makes a full stainless hardline kit for all non-Bendix ABS XJ's (not sure about the '91 and later ABS systems) for less than $200?!

Not so with the Caravan!  Drove me nutz seeing that I could buy a full set for a '69 Dart, but not for my car!

Replaced the brakecalipers on my Suburban this weekend so that pleased me.
Now only the discs and hubs to go and everything will be good as new at the front wheels.
The pistons in the old calipers had sized up so bad that i could not get them to move even with a C-clamp...
So in the junkpile they went untill i feel like rebuilding them (have all the parts for it) and keep them as spares for when the new calipers fail.

Everything did not go as smooth as i expected it to..
When putting jackstands under the frame i dropped my phone and cracked the screen in 2 places and got glassplinters in my fingers when i was swiping to start spotify...
Left front caliper on my ZJ locked up on me on my way home from work so i have to do this on that to if i want to use it.
Fortunatley i did not throw away the old calipers for that when i replaced them and i have everything i need to rebuild them to so that will only cost me some time, i just need to find them first....
After breaking in the new pads i almost hit my head on the steeringwheel when i wanted to see how good they were when pressing hard on the brake.
Atleast they are good enough to stop 9000 lbs of suburban:lol:

(The brakediscs looks worse in the pics then they are)

IMG_20190322_163102.thumb.jpg.d1b5407f695d21d97445fa5aae12cadc.jpg
IMG_20190322_163118.thumb.jpg.5096dc23cfc064da52411e0aa201dcca.jpg
IMG_20190322_175234.thumb.jpg.6dd1e4579c80a345848157d20265daea.jpg

Wife and I went bowling today along with my sister and two friends. I have not been bowling longer than a lot of you have been alive. I managed to get the high score with a crummy 118. That tells you how bad the others had to be. Ended up with a stop at In and Out for a nice lunch.

My Dad passed away two years ago this Memorial Day weekend.  For whatever reason, he would put his pennies in a coffee can downstairs.  I took one of them to a Coinstar machine today.....in case you're wondering, this is the capacity of a 39oz coffee can.  I know there is another I have to cash in as well.

IMG_2661.JPG

My Sister and her Husband pulled Dad and I into the living room with Mom last night, she's pregnant and expecting with her/their/his first around the time of their first wedding anniversary in October:blink::o

Don't be surprised if there might be baby pictures showing up from time to time in various places I go:lol:B)

10 hours ago, HomerS said:

My Dad passed away two years ago this Memorial Day weekend.  For whatever reason, he would put his pennies in a coffee can downstairs.  I took one of them to a Coinstar machine today.....in case you're wondering, this is the capacity of a 39oz coffee can.  I know there is another I have to cash in as well.

IMG_2661.JPG

I can believe it, I do that with heavier, plastic 32oz drink cups from a local restaurant called Augustino's and separate it out by coin type. I've has $250+ and at times over $300 in them, usually with pennies and quarters filling up the quickest.

IMG_20181223_035650_272.jpg.5ca61a974a2ca087aa8dd76bc598925b.jpg

That's from the last time I emptied them right after buying my new laptop, the above pic covered at least 1/2 of the $480+ dollars spent on that lap top!