Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Outdoor modeling for the first time this year.! The temp touched 70 for the second day in a row so after checking some "honey do" items off my list, I sat out on our high top deck table for about an hour working on a current project. Nothing like sunshine to help find body work flaws before the painting starts.

37 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Outdoor modeling for the first time this year.! The temp touched 70 for the second day in a row so after checking some "honey do" items off my list, I sat out on our high top deck table for about an hour working on a current project. Nothing like sunshine to help find body work flaws before the painting starts.

Around 80 today in the Philly burbs.  I work from home and didn't even realize it until I went out at lunch time.  I left my door open the rest of the day.

11 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Around 80 today in the Philly burbs.  I work from home and didn't even realize it until I went out at lunch time.  I left my door open the rest of the day.

Nice Tom. About the same in central NY. A few rainy spells between periods of sun.

image.png.860c2fd92e282b260e82401bdf596fc9.png

Another great day!  I'm sitting here in my home office with the back door open. It's already about 69 degrees.  We've had nesting Robins on the house for the entire 9 years we've been in this house. They've been in a variety of places on the house itself.  One year on a windowsill where I could photograph the babies development every day.  This is the first year they returned to an old nest, that's a second floor window.  Great spot, overhang protects them from rain and high enough to be safe from predators.  Fortunately I had that lamp turned off so not to fry  them!    According to Google, Robins only live two years so I'm thinking that the subsequent nesters are descendants of  the original pair.

image.png.51ecb3d2736e687c41c0b69296ba4ccb.png

And where do we have some of the best spring flowers?  At the back of the property next to my stick pile!   I believe the bulbs got scooped up with leaf clean up over the years.

Spring has finally sprung and ideal painting temps have returned. My wife is complaining about the "rattling" sounds coming from the basement and the hum of the air compressor. I'm painting everything I can get my hands on.    

Well I Just caught about 6 hours of Barrett Jackson.Some real nice cars.Tomorrow they are auctioning off a Vacation Family Truckster replica with Aunt Edna up on the roof.I think it's signed by,the stilll very sexy,Beverly DeAngelo.

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8013.JPG

Here's my interesting experience.  Last evening my wife came in late, getting her hair done after work.  We decided to go to the local watering hole for $8 burger night.  We are friendly with the patrons and on first name basis with the bartenders.  It turned out to also be Bingo night, so they were calling out numbers as we ate.  I was telling the bartender that my club runs a hobby show, that ends at 4pm and Bingo started at 7pm in the same room, and the old ladies were coming in before 4pm and setting themselves up on spare tables!   Everyone laughs.

Then the guy next to me asks what kind of hobby.  I mention it's model cars and he's interested in learning about it.  I pull out my phone and show him the show website.  Then he pulls out his phone and starts showing me photos of very cool figures he's not only painting, but mastering in 3D and printing himself.  There were some movie monster type pieces as well as some very ornate sculptures you'd see in a 16th century church!  The guy is definitely an artist! His name is Mike and he is 40.   I shared photos of some of my work as well, and now I have a new model friend! 

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I wonder if there's a few of those... 

Here's what I saw at the Philly Car Show...

image.png.2f53a5e95f423460e6e292a70cfcf6ac.pngimage.png.a8df510d3f8e42da304bb0bdebcd63c6.png

Oh yea,people build replicas of this car all the time.Its so ugly,that's it's cool looking.That double grill cracks me up.I wonder how many were used in the film.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:10 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Another great day!  I'm sitting here in my home office with the back door open. It's already about 69 degrees.  We've had nesting Robins on the house for the entire 9 years we've been in this house. They've been in a variety of places on the house itself.  One year on a windowsill where I could photograph the babies development every day.  This is the first year they returned to an old nest, that's a second floor window.  Great spot, overhang protects them from rain and high enough to be safe from predators.  Fortunately I had that lamp turned off so not to fry  them!    According to Google, Robins only live two years so I'm thinking that the subsequent nesters are descendants of  the original pair.

Tom, the robins did the same on my son's back porch light. 3 years in a row until the nest was so tall that they couldn't build on it last summer!LOL Told him to take it down last fall and they will probably build there this year!

On April 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Love the picture and story, Tom!

Got my deductible check from my insurance company for the repairs to the 200, all $500 worth!  Got brake parts for the big brake conversion on my 200 to pick up from the dealership then go get a new impact gun at Harbor Freight in the morning, so guess how I'll be paying for those:D

Not today but yesterday, Got a new pack member. This is Kelly, she is a black Lab with a little German Shepard mixed in. This girl had a hard start in life. Found on the side of the road with her Mom and siblings. One pup had been hit by a car. All were adopted but Kelly needed surgery on both back legs due to a birth defect. We actually adopted her a month ago but had to wait till she had her second surgery and healed up so she could climb steps. The rescue would bring her with them every 2 weeks so we could visit with her. Bless all the people who volunteer to get these pets their forever home. She is adapting to the rest of the pack and is a welcome addition to our pack.

SAM_0628.JPG

I'm putting up a new fence around my yard.The new neighbors wanted a white fence.There was a broken old chain link.So I didn't have to pay for that side.Then last year the guy behind me put up a huge white fence.I pulled down my wood fence that was on my side,didn't have to pay for that part.Only have to pay for a new gate and only one side of my yard.Ha,my neighbors saved me $100s of dollars.Thanks all?....?By the way,the Family Queen Truckster Vacation car sold for $91,000 at Barrett Jackson over the weekend.And again it's just a replica,they said all five cars were destroyed while filming.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Well I Just caught about 6 hours of Barrett Jackson.Some real nice cars.Tomorrow they are auctioning off a Vacation Family Truckster replica with Aunt Edna up on the roof.I think it's signed by,the stilll very sexy,Beverly DeAngelo.

IMG_8012.JPG

IMG_8013.JPG

$91,000 DOLLARS:D

Oh also I forgot,I did offer my neighbor money to split the cost of the fence,but he said it wasn't necessary.Yea I got a good feeling about this new neighbor.But of course,they have two dogs.

Edited by NYLIBUD

Blue Jackets won their first ever playoff series and to do it sweeping the President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning.

Love Torts!!  That man knows how to give a motivation speech.  If you find one on-line from Game One that is unedited, don't play it work without headphones.

14 hours ago, HomerS said:

Blue Jackets won their first ever playoff series and to do it sweeping the President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning.

Love Torts!!  That man knows how to give a motivation speech.  If you find one on-line from Game One that is unedited, don't play it work without headphones.

Congrats with your team's series win.  I love the Stanley Cup layoffs because upsets like this happen every year.

As far as Tortorella, enjoy the success.  It seems his schtick begins to wear thin the longer he is with a team. 

My oldest grandson will be graduating this coming Saturday from Western Michigan with his pre-med degree.  still deciding where to enroll for his medical degree but has started the process with application to about 6 universities.  In addition, my #3 grandson received his acceptance letter from the University of Michigan for enrollment in their pre-med program in the fall.  These two guys have worked hard for this and I could not be prouder of them for achieving their goals.

13 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

I’m pleased that nothing irked anybody! I noticed that it’s been a week since anyone posted in the “What irked you today?” thread! :)

Finally we have accomplished what we set out to do, keep up and we'll all be better for it....