Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Had an ingrown toenail removed yesterday, once I get the infection taken care of the doctor will be killing off the nail bed to fully stop it from happening again.  It's so nice to be able to walk and not be in pain like I was and it should only be getting better!

I had something like that done last year. The nail on the big toe was curling under on one side. The doctor cut about a third of it off down to the quick and then removed the nail where it would start twisting. I'm glad she used a good local on it because I didn't feel a thing. Had to soak my foot in Epsen Salts for a few weeks and then the toe grew to meet the nail.  

3 hours ago, espo said:

I had something like that done last year. The nail on the big toe was curling under on one side. The doctor cut about a third of it off down to the quick and then removed the nail where it would start twisting. I'm glad she used a good local on it because I didn't feel a thing. Had to soak my foot in Epsen Salts for a few weeks and then the toe grew to meet the nail.  

Funny you mention the epson salts, just grabbed an 8lb bag at WalMart a few minutes ago for that very reason!  I had the same done on my other big toe over 20 years ago. The Lady Dr I had used a couple relatives of Novacain on mine, couldn't feel a thing in no time. What I thought was interesting was my drive there took about as long as the visit, including walking to and from where I parked the 200. Drive isn't huge and the place was easy to find, but traffic sucks from the start of morning rush to the end of the evening rush. The one nursing home Mom has spent lots of time in is about a mile southeast of that office, so I know most of the backways there and none are all that quick with what is typically "the quickest" being blocked by the cleanup of a semi that got laid on it's side right at that intersection!

Yesterday I attended another regular monthly meeting of the Buckeye Scale Auto Club in Columbus , Ohio. Great group of like minded model builders. If you live in that area and are looking for a club that has the same interests as you look them up on line. Don't waste another month wishing you could fins  club to join. Another benefit is that the meeting are held inside a real hobby shop! Always a great time!

Well yesterday I got into my car without realizing my coat was hanging out the door.So I went ahead and shut the door with my phone in my pocket.In other-words,I slammed the car door right on my phone,shattering the whole thing.Ok,bad day......Then the Good day today,I went to a Verizon store near me, met up with a great sales rep/tech guy, who knew exactly what to do.And because this guy was so great at his job,And I had a back up phone.He just completely set me up, and had everything backed up on my I Cloud.

Ahhhh???Yea So everything back to normal ,or as normal as things will be

Found out today for sure that there is a parking lot that was used for a huge Sat night car show/cruise.It lasted for about three years?.Well it is no longer going to be used.The show was a good 25-30 mins away from my house.But now they are building a supermarket?.Ok then I hear that the new spot to take its place,is going to be located at a Stop and Shop that just happens to be about 3 mins from my house...(Sorry South shore guys.Its the North shores turn again.)They held this show in my town for several years, and then one yea about three years ago,everybody moved to the other one.Ah hey Whatever ,it’s right up the road from my home...Ahhhh, it’s a great show,and I’m gonna save $$ on gas.??I would say I’m pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week my beloved riding mower died. One minute it was mowing just fine, the next it was deadern' Elvis, and wouldn't restart. I recharged the battery to no effect whatsoever--it wouldn't even click when I turned the key. 

I called the local service place (where I bought it 2 years ago), and they told me it would be 5 to 6 weeks before they could even look at it. A second place told me the same thing. 

At some point I started wondering if it were something as minor as a blown fuse. So I bought a couple 97c fuses and set out to change it. That old fuse was REALLY in there--a fuse-pulling tool wouldn't budge it, nor would pliers. I ended up having to dig it out with a small screwdriver. Popped the new fuse in and it started right up--HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! Ran normally yesterday for a good mow. 

I was planning on it costing me several hundred bucks to have it fixed. It only cost me a couple bucks and a half-hour of time. That's a great big WIN at the Snakepit! :D

I might have cost you a few hundred bucks if you had taken it in. Glad you were able to fix it your self. I have had similar problems in the past with mine. For some reason mine likes a new battery ever three to four years even when I have it on a battery tender all winter long. 

Well last night, we had our first car show back at the old spot we were holding it 2 years ago..It’s three mins from house.Great first Sat turn out.The old place is now fenced off and they are building a new shopping center.That was 40 mins from my house.????.Where back

I found out last night that, in December, I'm gonna be a grandfather.

I still don't have my head fully wrapped around it, because I swear my son was just eight a few weeks ago and suddenly he's a 26 year old man. It's a mixture of joy and terror.

31 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

I still don't have my head fully wrapped around it, because I swear my son was just eight a few weeks ago and suddenly he's a 26 year old man. It's a mixture of joy and terror.

Congratulations !!!  The best part is you can spoil your grandchild and then give them back, and if you time it right you wont even have to change a diaper.  

Figgered out choo can use clear silicone to do a pretty decent repair on blown speaker cones. I blew both subs not too long ago and haven't gotten around to replacing them. I tried CA gel first, and though it worked initially, it was too hard and the cone broke again right next to the repair.

After finally getting sick of listening to buzzing rattling bass, I tried Devcon silicone adhesive. Gooed it up, let it dry overnight. Still sounds just fine 3 days later.

Time to order some new subs, but I gots tunes in the meantime.  :D

12 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Congratulations! It’s a big change! My granddaughter is 17 months old and calls me Pa as she crawls all over me! Nothing like that feeling!

And now my daughter is pregnant with twin girls! Life will never be the same! And it’s all good!

Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Congratulations Rob, when you see it and have in your arms it's over. Grand kids are special....

15 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Congratulations Rob.  I mean Grampa.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited.

11 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

The Big Bang Theory final. I watched this Saturday at my neighbors house. This was one of the better endings I have watched in a long time. I think the show had a few good years to go but it ended with a great episode.  

I gotta agree. A big ol fat tear at the end for sure. I'm gonna miss that show. It never got lame.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, Jantrix said:

Congratulations to your family. I am only an Uncle and a Great Uncle.  But it sure does change life even if it is not my kids. 

11 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited.

I gotta agree. A big ol fat tear at the end for sure. I'm gonna miss that show. It never got lame.

I NEVER watch any shows that have laugh tracks. If something is funny, I'll laugh. If not I won't.

10 hours ago, cobraman said:

I too just yesterday that I will be a grandfather. My daughter is having her first child. It is a boy. I hope he will like Cobra's.:D

Congratulations, grandpaw, he has a Cobra inheritance....