Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I had neck-fusion surgery performed last month.  Finally got to get back behind the wheel of my Ranger this week-end.  Still cannot turn my head, have to rotate my whole upper body to look right and left, but I am driving.  School starts tomorrow, but I will not be able to drive a school bus for at least two more months.  Actually may get some bench time.  Had a fairly productive day at an auction yesterday - see post in "What did you get?".

I recently got word that two of my Great Aunts are coming in from Germany on the 26th. They’ll be staying about 2 and a half weeks.

One of them I’ve never met, and I haven’t seen the other one since I was about 4 years old.

Edited by Hotrod 97
Corrected spelling

On 8/12/2019 at 7:16 AM, TarheelRick said:

I had neck-fusion surgery performed last month.  Finally got to get back behind the wheel of my Ranger this week-end.  Still cannot turn my head, have to rotate my whole upper body to look right and left, but I am driving.  School starts tomorrow, but I will not be able to drive a school bus for at least two more months.  Actually may get some bench time.  Had a fairly productive day at an auction yesterday - see post in "What did you get?".

Just don't push it. Let it heal at it's own pace.?

Takes a real calm person to drive a big vehicle with 30+ kids behind your back!!!

Been there, done that!:lol:

Last week I was at Walmart and saw that they were closing out the garden department...  Azaleas and rhododendrons were like $9.99 each.  I thought I'd grab a bunch, but wanted to see what was up at Lowes first.  I saw Lowes is still "business as usual" with no clearances.   Then I forgot!

Today I remembered. I figured everything was long gone. But I was headed that way anyway so I stopped in.  Well it worked out.  Everything was on final, final clearance for $3.88 a plant!   I bought all the decent looking ones they had.  Just left behind the dead and half dead plants!   I go through the check out and it's a grand total of $70! Score!

Then I remembered... it's friggin over 90 degrees outside and I have to dig ?some 20 holes?  

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Last week I was at Walmart and saw that they were closing out the garden department...  Azaleas and rhododendrons were like $9.99 each.  I thought I'd grab a bunch, but wanted to see what was up at Lowes first.  I saw Lowes is still "business as usual" with no clearances.   Then I forgot!

Today I remembered. I figured everything was long gone. But I was headed that way anyway so I stopped in.  Well it worked out.  Everything was on final, final clearance for $3.88 a plant!   I bought all the decent looking ones they had.  Just left behind the dead and half dead plants!   I go through the check out and it's a grand total of $70! Score!

Then I remembered... it's friggin over 90 degrees outside and I have to dig ?some 20 holes?  

Heh-heh....been there, done that...last month, bought a dozen arborvitae on close out at Wal-Mart and planted on a 90 degree day..then bought 1/2 dozen yews at Home Depot a week later.   Digging holes was something I hadn't done since I was a teenager..a new world of pain.   

Edited by Rob Hall

34 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Also found out my daughter which is having her first child in November has chosen my middle name as her baby boys middle name. No big deal I guess but made me happy.

Congrats!  It's great to have a name sake! 

I don't... I had two daughters. One of which has three daughters!   

On 8/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Heat wave here in Eastern Pennsylvania...  pleased that I have a pool.  Spent much of the weekend sitting there with a beer in my hand.  Expect to do the same later today!

So does the beer help keep your hand cool ?

15 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Got to visit with and hold our first great grand child today. Great thrill for us. He's 1' 9" tall and weighs in at 8 lbs 2 ozs.

Congratulations Tom!

......(hint) ..........   the next 7 are just as big of thrill.

Not today but yesterday I went to see my doctor/surgeon and got great news. Last month I had a partial(?) lung collapse and had to rush over to the ER where they performed surgery right there before taking me to the hospital. After 2 weeks in the hospital they sent me home with a tube hanging out of my chest and I had that for 2 1/2 weeks. Well the surgeon said that my X ray looked good yesterday and finally removed that tube. Just have to take it easy from now on and slow my life down a notch or two. I thank the almighty God for being there with me. 

3 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Got to visit with and hold our first great grand child today. Great thrill for us. He's 1' 9" tall and weighs in at 8 lbs 2 ozs.

Congratulations, that's special !!

2 hours ago, High octane said:

Not today but yesterday I went to see my doctor/surgeon and got great news. Last month I had a partial(?) lung collapse and had to rush over to the ER where they performed surgery right there before taking me to the hospital. After 2 weeks in the hospital they sent me home with a tube hanging out of my chest and I had that for 2 1/2 weeks. Well the surgeon said that my X ray looked good yesterday and finally removed that tube. Just have to take it easy from now on and slow my life down a notch or two. I thank the almighty God for being there with me. 

Amen, glad your doing better Nick!