Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

9 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks great Jim, wish you and your wife nothing but happiness after your last situation...

Thanks buddy!!

1 hour ago, espo said:

You having to move may have been a blessing after all. Good luck to you, your new place looks very nice. 

And thank you too! ❤️

Cant wait to hit the Goodwill and the other resale stores around here this morning to pick up some furniture for my hobby room ?

Got a text tonight from one of my closest & dearest friends (her mom thought we would get married) that her daughter got engaged tonight.  

Very happy for her, but then I remember when visiting her in the hospital when her daughter was born and I told her that means we're getting old!

I got an email from eBay celebrating their anniversary! It congratulated me on being there from the beginning and gave me a $25 gift certificate!  I wondered if there was a catch, I had a $50 order I had yet to pay for so I put in the code.. and it worked!   Nothing like a free $25!

Did anyone else get this?

Edited by Tom Geiger

Forgot to update The Lovely Mrs. Snake's car registration problem.

Our appointment was last Wednesday. We were told to show up a half hour early, which we did, and were seen almost immediately--no "line" at all. There seemed to be some kind of glitch and a supervisor had to be called over, but they sorted it out quickly and we were on our way with new valid stickers in about 20 minutes. She has until the end of the year to get the smog test done (the local facility is still closed, but hopefully will be open sometime between now and then), and then she's good until November 2021. 

It all could hardly have gone more smoothly. Which of course pleased me. :D

23 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I got an email from eBay celebrating their anniversary! It congratulated me on being there from the beginning and gave me a $25 gift certificate!  I wondered if there was a catch, I had a $50 order I had yet to pay for so I put in the code.. and it worked!   Nothing like a free $25!

I got one as well, but I had just finished paying for the last item I purchased.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, Tom Geiger said:

I got a 25% off coupon redeemable on an item from one of 25 specific brands. Naturally, there was nothing of interest from any of those brands. I guess this would be a better fit in the "what irked you today" thread.

On 8/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Got one also..I've been on there a long time.  Haven't used it yet, though.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Really happy to find a 25 gift certificate in my box Monday and I used it....

16 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Cut out of work early for a Dr appointment today and got a bit of a shock, dropped another 12lbs since I weighed myself in June for the last one, since seeing this Dr, I’m down about 50lbs from my heaviest?

I can wire my jaw shut and couldn't lose weight. What's the Dr. giving you to help. My Cardiologist be thankful for any help for me also. 

3 hours ago, espo said:

I can wire my jaw shut and couldn't lose weight. What's the Dr. giving you to help. My Cardiologist be thankful for any help for me also. 

Nothing, I’m taking meds and vitamins as well as just not eating as much while working from home (minimized buying snacks when going to store and no vending machines helps on both), Been drinking caffeinated protein drinks for breakfast (2 are less than 400 cal combined), Old Wisconsin turkey sticks for breaks (1-3 max a day), reduced the amount of pop drank ( down  to two 12oz cans a day) while still drinking unsweetened teas and water, lunch varies based on if I’m getting 30 or 60 min for the break), then what ever Dad fixes for dinner and being reasonable if we bring food home.....unless it’s a local pretzel place called Gnarley Knots, reason tends to go out the window there the 1 day a week I can go?

I don’t get much exercise other than shopping trips and I sit all day for work unless I’m on break.

A new Sunday coffee and cars show just started up again.This morning there had to be close to 500 cars.Yea not everyone was wearing a mask,but what can u do.And then I ran into a very good friend who I lost touch with about 15 years ago.He got heavy,and had a huge beard.I Didn't even recognize him.Then bam it hit me,I couldn’t believe it was him.We exchanged numbers and I hope to stay in touch with him.He did say that he just got a divorce, but he was doing ok.Apparently his wife was cheating on him.

Checked my bank account online and found out my first Social Security payment had been deposited. This was amazing--I only filed about three weeks ago, and I waited until days AFTER my birthday so there'd be no confusion that I wanted early retirement. Evidently everything worked as advertised and much faster than I expected. Well done, US Government, and pay on! B)